1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecticut School Shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Dec 14, 2012.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

2. mx3TT

mx3TT Well-Known Member

They are saying 27 dead now, 9 adults, 18 kids. This is about 20 minutes from my hometown. Unbelievable.

3. vini

vini Well-Known Member

it looks to be much much worse than that i'm at a loss right now

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

This isn't helping gun lovers much...

5. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

some days you wish there was a "reload from last save point" option... just redo the whole damn day

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You're right.

Victim Disarmament Zones don't help anyone. Let's not leave the rest of the populace out of it. :down:

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm willing to bet there's at least a dead wife at home too

8. mx3TT

mx3TT Well-Known Member

They are saying the shooter was 18-20 and tied to NJ somehow. Makes no sense.

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

The sad part of these kinds of things is that when it happens so many people simply refuse to see the elephant in the room as to the cause. There's an immediate attack on the tool used and no mention or recognition of the deterioration of the fabric of man's moral fiber. Mankind of today simply think differently than man did just a few decades ago and there's not a damn thing we can do about it. All we can do is attack the symptoms. :(

10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Yup...evil was just invented.:rolleyes:

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

RIP to all.... At least the coward put a gun in his own mouth...

12. gaitherb

gaitherb Well-Known Member

Orvis, I agree with your premise, but is there any room in your premise to also address the other elephant in the room which is the tool used to kill so many in a relatively short span of time.

I agree with you that there's a ton of focus on the weapons used and not the individuals using the weapons. Frankly, in the most recent mass killing sprees most of the individuals were clearly mentally ill (Gifford shooter, Colorado movie shooter, VT shooter...), but the other part of the equation is these individuals were able to kill indiscriminately using extraordinary weapons/tools; I submit those tools/weapons should also be part of the discussion in such a free and open society.

Can the weapons be a part of your discussion?

13. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

This is absolutely disgusting. I can't even fathom what those parents and kids are going though. May all of the victims RIP :(

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Extraordinary?

I can kill more effectively with a knife than this psychopath did with a gun. You want to talk outlawing knives now?

What if he'd dumped ammonia in a bucket of bleach instead of shooting? Should Clorox and Mr. Clean be tried as accomplices?

You have here the conflagration of many things "wrong". First, a "zone" where people are denied the tools of self-defense. Second, a "zone" where victims are *required* to succumb to disarmament. Third, a "zone" where people are required to be, e.g. compulsory public education.

The choice of weapon is the least of the problems.

15. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

How far does it go? I believe the McVey killed way more with some fertilizer going bang than any of the shootings. Europe has strict gun laws and they have had elementary school shootings recently too. Gun laws simply do not work to fix any of the violence issues and may even be counter productive.

16. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, this will be a continuing problem. Gun laws or none, if some psycho bastard wants to inflict harm, they will. Opening fire on an unsuspecting crowd of people will kill many of them, regardless of whether or not some of those folks are armed. Could people be saved if someone had been carrying, probably. Could these things be prevented? No. You've got to remember that the people that commit these crimes are gone. They are irrational and psycho at best and they are not planning on leaving the scene alive. They simply don't care.

17. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I disagree, I would have loved to know he went to prison, he'd likely be killed in there anyway, hopefully in a lot more brutal fashion by other inmates. Seems as though a lot of inmates dont like child molesters, etc and the prison even has to seperate their living quarters for those reasons.

18. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Look, those guns shot the kids...I get it. But someone pulled the trigger. That someone was a sick and twisted son of a bitch. YOU CAN'T FIX THAT!! What if he stole the gun? You going to make more anti-stealing laws? What if he ran kids down with a car? Used a knife or a machete? I'm willing to bet this is not an upstanding citizen who legally purchased these firearms, and if I am wrong, then I will eat my words.

It's such a terrible act of violence, and I'm still in shock as to how someone could do this, especially at an elementary school. My deepest condolences go out to all those families :(

19. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

if guns go, something will just take its place amongst killers.

people were killing people long before guns were invented.

not to mention the fact that just because something is illegal to own does not make it impossible to get.

20. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

My wife and I are expecting our first child on April 20 after 5 years of failure. Reading this nearly brought me to tears

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...tml?mod=WSJ_GoogleNews&mod=igoogle_wsj_gadgv1