1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Climate cooling

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by speeddaddy, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I've read the linked information in a couple of papers (theory on planet heating and cooling) and so far no one has contested it. Warming scientists simply ignore it. Don't know why.
    Keep in mind that many scientists had rather write for public consumption in a blog rather than fight the system (as described previously) to try to get peer reviewed papers published in scientific journals.
    (The comments section of this site get really complicated for us that only speak English):D

http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2014/02/why-earths-climate-is-self-regulating.html

2. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

Just to expand on this a little.

There's no argument saying that the earth doesn't warm and cool in a cyclical manner. I think we all agree on that.

However, adaptation is a relatively slow process. Do we know what sort of annual temperature change is sustainable? If there are some sort of big changes I think modern industrialization and civilization has made us less adaptable than ever. Governments, international borders, politics, employment, property ownership, finances, etc, have all made us much less mobile. If some region becomes uninhabitable for some reason, what will those people do? Lately it seems as though the American way has become "Why should we help people who didn't plan accordingly?"

I think these are questions that are worth asking and it's something to be someone what concerned about.

I DON'T think that adding carbon taxes and having the govt tell us what is best is any good.

Doom and gloom predictions from the left are of no help and pretty dumb. Dismissing the concerns of the left to the extent of stating that there's nothing to worry about (by the right) is also pretty dumb.

It's sad and disappointing that this, like many other issues, ends up being a right vs left issue and not a "us" issue.

theJrod likes this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Live responsibly and tell everyone else to eff off.

crashman likes this.
  4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

According to some papers that have been written from the study of geology the Earth has had temp. variations far beyond what we talk about today. That data also shows that Co2 is of little concern as far as temp. is concerned except that it follows temp. change by several hundred years. There is data supporting Co2 both rising and dropping after climate fluctuations in both directions. Personally I think we'll see (well, we won't but our descendants will) the Earth evolve using different sources of energy than fossil fuel before any real damage is done to the climate environment. Earth will heal itself as it's always done because the dynamics of global climate are far more powerful than we puny humans.
    As I've stated several times before, man is kind of like the flea floating down the river on his back, and with a hard on, yelling for someone to raise the drawbridge.:beer:

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The time frame is a bit longer than that, but that actually will happen.

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

7. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

It won't take long for the left to attempt to completely discredit Bates and this story. Could get quite interesting...

8. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

Unfortunately, the left and right will never come together for the greater good of all.

9. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

And that's even more apparent now than ever.

Everything is the "libtard snowflakes" fault.

-or-

Everything is the "RWN Bigots" fault.

jase likes this.
  10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm neither of those. You'll have to decide amongst yourselves that for which I am at fault. :D

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

64 yesterday and projected to be 66 here today. Yeap, global cooling. :rolleyes:

Global warming! We're all gonna die!

In Your Corner likes this.
  12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's just celestial menopause.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Slip her a Midol and some chocolate and go ride your murdersickle. :D

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Particularly when you have already decided your position is the greater good.

brex and crashman like this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yup

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Too bad we couldn't come together for the greater good before we melted off the last ice age with all our cars.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Our environment is getting roont by velociraptors driving bubba trucks blowing soot. :D

18. jase

Agree 100%

19. jase

Doesn't that work both ways, or is just the Dems?

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Just the ones who insist the "science is settled" and want to jail anyone who dare question the results of "lost" data...