1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Climate cooling

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by speeddaddy, Dec 22, 2016.

1. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

not everybody

3. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

4. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

I meant society's obsession in general. Of course not everyone is buying in, including me.

5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I predict that within a short time this study will be vilified, insulted, and attempts will be made to render it heresy. :)

speeddaddy likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Trump's fault. :D

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

9. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

I find it genuinely fascinating that the only people I know who believe the planet isn't experiencing an increase in average temperature, are die hard conservatives.

Yet the study of climate patterns has nothing to do with American politics.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How much of an increase? If you're talking huge man made then I fit the don't believe it but don't fit the die hard conservative part.

The study of climate right now has everything to do with politics - I'll grant you that it's not just American politics.

speeddaddy likes this.
  11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

You mean: "Thank you Donald!"

:D

12. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I don't know anyone who denies that the climate changes. The climate has been changing since the existence of the planet. To what degree and to the cause of those changes is where the problem comes from.

The only group of people who are trying to politicize it is the left with their constant dooms day predictions.

rk97, aedwards01 and brex like this.
  13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Most engineers I know are conservative.... same with hard science degrees like physics. Of course we could ignore the right left issue and discuss THE FACTS of that story :beer: When you have to doctor data to get the answer it is suspect. When the doctoring matches the trend you describe it is likely fraudulent. Add in that the predictions made 20 years ago have not occurred with 100% of the models failing..... But yep it is anti-science to disagree :crackup:

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'd take global warming over global cooling any day :D

speeddaddy and BHP41 like this.
  15. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

This right here is all that matters. Every single prediction has failed...every one...100% wrong. I keep trying to get global warming faith keepers to go back and watch Gore's movie but so far no one has the balls to do it. If they did, they will probably commit suicide shortly after when they realize how much they have been played. Remember, Gore's doomsday has passed and not only are we still here...NOT ONE OF THE DOOMSDAY PREDICTIONS HAPPENED!

You want to study climate change? Then study Geology. You will learn that we are here only because conditions are just right in a brief moment of time of the earth's history.

sheepofblue, 600 dbl are and V5 Racer like this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The "author" already did a pretty good job of it.

From one extreme to the other, as usual, the answer and the truth are somewhere in the middle of the two.

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

One of the elements of every scientific paper or book that I've read concerning planet warming is how the man made warming "experts" use conflicting data to arrive at their decisions. As I stated previously, temp data is gathered from several sources and the "warmers" keep trying to assemble that data using different methods of data collection and measurement. In at least two of the books, written by geologists or climatologists, they comment about when data doesn't match, an "adjustment" is made to the data that doesn't fit in an upward manner to achieve the data they think it should be. Legitimate scientific research doesn't doctor data to fit some preconceived result so, if data is way out of line with everything else, it's simply tossed. Reading what's been written in these books and papers does more to show how complicated getting all this data to mean something than actually being able to provide any real answers.

I don't remember where I read it but someone said that deciding what the climate is doing is like a child walking up to a cotton gin, looking at it for a minute, then declaring that he knows how it works. The climate is waaaay more complicated than a cotton gin. The real and honest answer is that not one scientist knows what the climate is doing, or is going to do in the future. I do know this. At least two of the scientists whose books I've read state that research into data stretching back over one thousand years has shown that the Earth, or the region of Earth that was in a warming trend, was healthier, more prosperous, and generally in better condition than during a previous glaciation period.

Sweat dripping off your cods is much better than having them frozen solid. :D

18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I chose Geology as my required science track in college, one big takeaway I got from it was just how insignificant we humans really are.

crashman and blkduc like this.
  19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I have taken a fair bit of Geology too. Isn't it funny when people try to say shit like "the 100 year trend indicates..." when it comes to the Earth.:D

DrA5 likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's why I keep saying the man made global warming peeps are on an ego trip. They didn't even get the hint when the planet shrugged off the volcano in Iceland even though it shut down a huge chunk of Europe for a while.

rk97 likes this.