1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Climate cooling

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by speeddaddy, Dec 22, 2016.

1. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

RWNs don't give a shit about the greater good!

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't recall anyone on the Republican side wanting to jail people for having a different POV.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There you go...$hit like this is why there is not a middle ground.

XFBO and crashman like this.
  4. caboose

Moderates from either side will be open minded. Extremists won't.

Many are being played and manipulated and pushed farther from centre.

jase likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yep... and posts like yours help with the pushing.

I don't see the science as settled based on the differing interpretations and apparent manipulation of data to suit an agenda. That doesn't mean we should not be responsible in our consumption of resources.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fuck you and your reasonable, rational and logical position.

:D

7. caboose

I did not do a good job of conveying my sarcasm. I apologize.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's probably not as fun as running around screaming "we are all gonna burn!" at everyone. :D

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I avoid baptist churches for just that reason

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally agree - I'm with doing eco freaky things because it just makes sense. I'm also not saying some global warming isn't caused by man, it could be - but the proof isn't there and what they've said is proof is lies. That doesn't even touch on the whole con job about carbon credits and the bullshit regulations by the EPA based on the lies and con job by Gore et al.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I've been interested in this stuff since I was in college in 1974 and the first Arab oil embargo. Magazines were, at the time, sporting headlines warning of a pending ice age. People were worried about getting enough fuel to get to and from work and to heat their homes. There were countless solar related startups. Most were primarily focused heating water for homes and businesses. There were a couple guys at the SOD that started a design firm doing primarily passive solar building. Congress put huge tax incentives in place to use alternative energy.

Oil got cheap, incentives went away and most of the efforts went away because of lack of funding/incentives. Why is this relevant? Because the key components are a crisis and funding. As long as the two exist, there is a money train. When either of the two go away, the money train stops.

crashman likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Frankly, I'm far more concerned with pollution than I am with arguing whether a cold winter disproves my perception that shit keeps getting warmer as I get older. :D
    My first ever classroom presentation in middle school was on pollution. Acid rain and oils spills. Damn, shit took a long time to research for a few paragraphs. If someone had told me that one day there would be Google, they would have blown my mind. :crackup:

V5 Racer likes this.
  13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...rs-duped-manipulated-global-warming-data.html

That's the source article for the National Review article. It has better/more detailed information.
    It blows my mind that Bates has to beat up these "scientists" on following basic scientific methodology. Hell, my middle schooler knows this shit.

Dr. Bates:
    "There needs to be a fundamental change to the way NOAA deals with data so that people can check and validate scientific results. I’m hoping that this will be a wake-up call to the climate science community – a signal that we have to put in place processes to make sure this kind of crap doesn’t happen again.

I want to address the systemic problems. I don’t care whether modifications to the datasets make temperatures go up or down. But I want the observations to speak for themselves, and for that, there needs to be a new emphasis that ethical standards must be maintained."

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You mean you had to use the library?!?!?!?!

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Global warming will cause a new ice age.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh yeah?

17. Venom51

They don't care about the greater good...they care about the money.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

19. Venom51

If it was really about the greater good you don't position it as a tax. You would provide incentive for people to change their behavior. Give me a tax incentive to reduce my carbon footprint and maybe I'll consider do it. All for the greater good of course.

20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Like riding a motorcycle around in circles just to prove who is the fastest? :D