1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class C RV's

Discussion in 'General' started by JTRC51, Jul 9, 2019.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Before I left RV world last fall we had started selling the Shower Miser. It's a hot water diverter valve. You switch it and the not hot water gets diverted back to the fresh water tank. There is a plastic piece that changes color when the water is hot so you know when to un divert and shower.
    Its really pretty nice.
    Several of the high end guys are installing them as factory now.

You can really save on water and gray tank this way. Especially if you do as suggested and wet, lather rinse and not keep the water running the whole time.

ducnut likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ummmmm - huh? You mean as you let the shower warm up?

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yep.
    A big waste of fresh water and way to fill the gray tank is letting the shower (or sink) warm up. This diverter sends that cold/luke warm water back to the fresh water tank. Then when the water at the shower/sink is hot, there is a plastic piece that changes color with temp to tell you. You flip the diverter back and now you have hot water at the tap and no waste.

Imagine you waste .5 gallon every shower and washing hands, doing dishes, etc in the sink. This thing saves all that cold water and gray tank space.

TurboBlew and Boman Forklift like this.
  4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I don't know about most RV/trailers, but from the hot water tank to the faucet/shower there is at maximum about a 8-12 ounces in the lines...........takes all of few seconds to have scalding hot water coming out if I want it.

5axis, TurboBlew and Lawdog78 like this.
  5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Depends on layouts.

My water heater was under the forward dinette bench, which was right behind the driver seat. Yet, my bathroom was in the right-rear of the coach.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  6. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

The only complaint so far i would have is that the 110 outlets don't work without the generator running. Which lucky is quite and not a huge deal.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yes that is pretty standard, I think. Maybe some have a big enough inverter that doesn't happen, but if so, that will suck down the coach batteries very quickly, which is why I think the ones I've used are wired that way.

Hopefully you have an electric start generator, so it's only pushing one button and you will have wonderful 110V.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

there should be 1 or 2 on inverter power. Enough to charge a phone or play a radio

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  9. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

The radio has its own switch to turn in with the coach not running. Generator is electric start.

10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Stereo runs off the coach battery(ies).

There should be an “emergency” switch somewhere around the dashboard. That’s connected to a solenoid that closes and connects the powertrain battery to the coach battery(ies), should you kill the coach. However, you want the engine to be running when you do that, so you don’t kill the powertrain. I was going to install a toggle switch in mine, so I could be charging the coach while driving and charging the powertrain while the generator was running, but, didn’t get to it. It’d be a good idea to always carry a booster pack and long jumper cables.

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

On mine the radio ran off the coach batteries and there was a cigarette lighter that you could use to charge the phone or the transponder.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yeah I was talking about a boombox kind of deal that only uses the 12v coach power.
    I know my coach has 2 outlets... 1 in the front & 1 in the back that run off inverted 12v power. Not exactly convenient to access. Think my unit is good for up to 300 watts.
    Also mine has a stereo in the master and on the ext of the kitchen that run on 12v coach power... Always hilarious when Im running down the road and forget to turn off the exterior unit. The master one always turns itself on.

13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

That reminds me, I need to wire a switch in so I can run the cab radio off the coach battery instead of the cab battery.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mine is a good 20' run to the kitchen sink or shower

15. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

We had a 1000W inverter wired in to one of the 110V circuits. This gives us a couple of outlets to charge phones and also run the TV without the generator running. If you will be boon-docking a lot, this is a big plus. We usually only have to run the generator an hour or two out of the day to keep things running, unless of course we want to use the microwave or AC. We tend to do dry camping most of time, whether it be at the track, tailgating at a football game or at state parks. The powered sites sell out quick, but there are usually primitive sites open.

16. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I thought all V-10's after '08 were 3-valve.....the V-10's prior to '08 were all 2-valve, so type of RV doesn't matter what engine you get, it's the model year that matters. Or am i misunderstanding your comment?

17. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Man, you say stay away from Coachmen but why wouldn't i want this.....https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/292331011795724

or this...https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2845408112233445

The Class A Coachmen Mirada line with no slides seem like what i need in this age and price range. I like the rounded nose and they don't seem as tall as other cinder blocks going down the road.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Last row is the Class C 2-valve.

DE095AF1-2893-4C24-BBB6-B77391311BE6.png

F53 is the Class A 3-valve.

6FD12E1E-C18B-42DF-85FE-DC8A6B2AF62A.png

It’s hard to believe Ford would keep building both, but, they do.

If you’re comfortable with either, go for it. I just know when I was researching them when I bought mine (2017), Coachmen seemed to have a lot of pissed off owners who voiced they’d never buy another from them. The older units might be a different story.

19. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

The changeover for the F53 with the 3 valve engine was 2006 chassis model year. They also gained the 5spd at that time. The E450 still uses the 2 valve. But moved to the 5spd in 06. I forget what year they both went to 6spd.

20. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

My ‘17 E-350 was 5-spd. It was a nice powertrain and I enjoyed driving it.