1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class C RV's

Discussion in 'General' started by JTRC51, Jul 9, 2019.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

O yea,I didnt think about VMD, we are only 10 mins from Mid Ohio so that is always a must go to.

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Pitt you say? Well I might just have to wander on over there and walk around shouting “where’s Assjuice Cyrus”. :D

3. assjuice cyrus

That's what jksoft and some other did last year. Lol

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Nice, but I’ll have a bullhorn.

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Im just glad he posted pics so I know which RV to upper deck while hes racing.

What classes you race again?

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Maybe he will let you use the bathroom.....evidently Broome's has never been used for the business.

Congrat's on the motorhome. Have them also show you how to drain out the tanks, black first and then grey. Also have them show you how to winterize it, if your eyes haven't already glazed over by then.

7. assjuice cyrus

:crackup::crackup:

I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!

ducnut likes this.
  8. assjuice cyrus

Yea the tank part is what I am most scared of, But ill figure it out.

I asked them about winterizing and what they charge. He said its 210.00 for them to do it. I thought that was cheap. So it might be worth it to just have them do it?

9. assjuice cyrus

Theres no tank to upper deck, So keep your deckers to Broomes RV

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

The hardest thing is finding and then maneuvering to a dump station.

It’s easy, just remember:
    1. Nasty stuff first - black tank
    2. Medium stuff - grey tank
    3. Good stuff - water tank to clean everything out
    I put some blue stuff in the toilet every time, we went out or after we came back, I can’t remember. I think the experts like @Mongo said you can leave the black tanks to stew and not drain it all to let nature take its course?

11. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

If their winterizing charge includes a guarantee against damage to plumbing due to freezing then it might be worthwhile. Otherwise it's very easy to do it yourself with about$20 in materials and an hour of your time. If you need to rely on a dealer to do all that's required with motorhome ownership it's going to be a very expensive proposition.

You said you were comfortable with the engine maintenance, this other stuff is easy.

12. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I personally wouldn't spend $210 for someone to do the winterizing IF that is all I am taking it into the dealer for. Maybe if it was already there for something else I'd let them do it. I agree with the statement about having it come with a warranty for that price. It isn't worth the hassle of taking it into the dealer just for that. Once you know where everything is and have done it before, it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes with 2 people. I assume the newer RV's have a pretty nice setup for this since our 2007 does. Our older one did not and it was a pain. As long as there are convenient low point drains, a pickup tube for the RV antifreeze, and the hot water heater crossover valves are easily accessible, it should be a piece of cake.

13. assjuice cyrus

Ok,thanks.

I guess I never winterized any campers so I wasnt sure of the process. I'm sure I can do it, just didnt know how. I have a couple buddys that have said they can help.

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

All it really amounts too is draining the plumbing, blowing out the lines (water can/will rest in faucet/spigot/shower fixtures if you don't) and adding antifreeze to the drain traps.

15. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Or purging them with antifreeze which has the same effect. Also why I bypass the hot water heater.

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I like to keep the antifreeze out of the delivering end of the plumbing.

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

When I had our toyhauler I had a fitting that was a garden hose male with a air chuck male on the other end. Screw it into the water hook up and plug in a air line, open all the faucets and blow everything dry.

18. assjuice cyrus

Ok, give me a check list. I pick it up wensday and do there walk through. They are suppose to turn on and operate everything in the motor home. What are some things I should make sure they go over.

One i can think of is,

Is there a manual way to put a slide in if motor goes out in the out position.

19. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

That is a good one. On ours, I technically know how but would not want to. They left very limited access to get in there. Once you know that make sure you carry whatever tools are necessary for job.
    The same would apply to the leveling jacks. Learn how to retract if hydraulics go out.
    Have them show you where the low point drains are.
    Don't forget the AC even though it's winter, both the coach and chassis units.
    Make sure you know how to access the coach batteries. Ours are under the stairs which flip up to expose thre batteries.

That's all I can think of for now other than the obvious stuff.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  20. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

And make sure to regulate air pressure to about 50psi

TurboBlew and assjuice cyrus like this.