1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class C RV's

Discussion in 'General' started by JTRC51, Jul 9, 2019.

1. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

With RV antifreeze there shouldn’t be an issue. It is nontoxic and flushes out easy. Its fairly cheap also, at Wally World anyway. Used the same stuff to winterize boat engines.

jksoft likes this.
  2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yes... depending on which type it will require a couple of wrenches. Mine requires (2) 3/4" wrenches. I got the gearwrench type that ratchet. Thankfully never had to use it because my dumbass father cant comprehend how to level a coach or remove a safety bar. On top of which hes retractred the slides with carpet runners down. The takeaway... dont let family or friends use your coach unsupervised.

ducnut likes this.
  3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Yep. If you wouldn’t trust them with your yacht, don’t trust them with your motorhome.

jksoft and TurboBlew like this.
  4. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

Look on YouTube for some rv pdi or predelivery inspection videos. Plan to spend a couple of hours to check it over thoroughly.

5. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Yea, the dealer told me to plan a couple hours that they go over everything. He said the service manager is really good about taking extra time with first time buyers. Could be blowing smoke,but so far our dealer has been really good. Fingers cross it continues.

6. assjuice cyrus

I lucked out and found heated indoor storage for a couple more months or till we use it. Any tips or tricks I can do to make sure mice stay out?

7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

A product called Tomcat. Place the blocks around the tires. DO NOT handle that stuff with bare hands and ensure anything you want to live doesn’t/can’t touch it. It’ll kill anything, by causing it to bleed-out internally. There’s no saving whatever ingests it.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

dryer sheets seem to work

jksoft and assjuice cyrus like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Whats that cost out there? I would guess out here just inside storage would cost 350-450, wouldn't be heated or cooled, but no biggie.

10. assjuice cyrus

Free 99.:D

Not sure what I will have to pay next season. But i have a buddy that has a big ol nice heated building he stores his toys in and semis. Says there is room in there till I need it out. Not sure i will get so lucky next year.

ducnut likes this.
  11. Boman Forklift

Awesome for you!!!! And if mama gets pissed at you in the next few months, you have a nice warm place to lay your head.

12. assjuice cyrus

She has already fair warned me.....:crackup:

13. Boman Forklift

Well shit, may as well go ahead and take over towels, toiletries underwear, a few changes of clothes, plus some good movies and liquor and stock up the RV. Need to be prepared.

Also since its in heated storage, go ahead and put water in it and a propane tank......don't want you to take a cold shower, you are already a white guy the shrinkage will be severe.:D

ducnut likes this.
  14. assjuice cyrus

I told her, dont tempt me with a good time. Shit, no kids, no wife, nice comfy rv with fire place, comfy bed all to my self , and hot shower! SIGN ME UP!!:beer:

ducnut and Boman Forklift like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depends on the slide setup. Our old one had a crank handle you could put through a hole and crank it in, the new one doesn't. Looks like it's a starter motor really so I figure I'd try jumping it if it acted up.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is actually great news. All of mine I've had to learn on the fly. It is a ton easier now with the googles but scan still be a pain in the ass when something I haven't played with goes out - like a cut wire from the keypad to the controller for the jacks... Had to manually hotwire the pump and the switches under the rv to get home from the GNF.

jksoft likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Supposedly mint oil on cotton balls. We did that and it seemed to work, stopped doing it and got one who lived in there for a good 4 months before I finally chased him out. Sticky rat traps rock even if all it does it take the fur off the little bastard and drive him away...

18. assjuice cyrus

Well we got to FINALLY take out the RV and give it a shake down. Man, what a night and day difference it makes at a race track. So nice to get up and take a hot shower.
    Found out we do need to be a little more cautious of what we are doing for showers as the grey tank filled up fast. Boy was the ac nice, walk in and be able to cool down and relax.

Got plenty of trips planned out to use it every weekend in may.

19. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I've got an upgraded shower head that helps, flows a bit more than what was in there originally but it is a better spray pattern so you can be quicker with it, and the on / off toggle actually works unlike the original. Get wet, turn off, lather up, turn back on to rinse off. Get the pattern down and you can use very little water while still having a good shower.

ducnut, Boman Forklift and TurboBlew like this.
  20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Learn how to take navy showers..(not the kind with dropped soap). Wet up, soap up,rinse off. Saves 75% of the water that is usually wasted and of course the tankage. Now, if you can get the wife to do it you're miles ahead. Good luck with that.....o_O

jksoft likes this.