1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class C RV's

Discussion in 'General' started by JTRC51, Jul 9, 2019.

1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

We just traded in our class A Outlaw for a new class C Outlaw. Downsized but actually have more payload and towing capacity by weight. The Class A was close to the limits out of the gate although that never stopped us.

Hard to imagine, but the build quality on the new one is even worse than 2007 we traded in. Working through the issues.

This has less space in the garage but we picked up more sleeping space, at least more easily accessible sleeping space with the bunk in the garage two jacknife sofas and the front bunk.

Apparently it's really hard to find a new RV that comes with an oven. They all have convection microwaves. Annoying when your dry camping as you have to fire up the generator to use it.

Greenhound386 likes this.
  2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Small 2 burner propane stove/cooktop instead?

3. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I'm slowly learning how to utilize the convection mode of my unit, it's a 2006 and didn't come with a traditional oven either. I'm curious to hear how the modern units have lower build quality than my era as it's not exactly a high bar to clear in the first place.

Try a Coleman camp oven on your stovetop. Not exactly huge, but wouldn't require firing the genny up to bake.

jksoft likes this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I dont think OEMs have put ovens in RVs for at least 15 years. Ideally you dont really want to cook inside a coach... setup a camp stove outside with a propane quick disconnect.

5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

We have a gas stove, just not the oven. We used the oven quite a bit, usually for cooking a pre-made breakfast casserole. We tried not to use the stove much other than for making coffee, just because the fumes tended to cause a lot of issues in a tight space. I agree about cooking outside. We try to do that as much as possible, but we are often camping in some pretty cold weather and standing outside isn't always much fun. I had no idea oven's had gone away.

As for build quality, perhaps it is just because our old one was well broken in and we are just dealing with all of the "new" issues, but there have been some pretty glaring issues so far. The bunk in the garage that goes up and down had to completely removed and the tracks reattached because the way it was originally installed did not allow it to go up all of the way. The entry door and its latch have never been quite right. We have it pretty good now, but it still isn't ideal. Just a few examples. We'll get it all sorted out; just a pain.

6. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I've had an '05 Winnebago Aspect 26 for going on 2 yrs now....On the FB group page, it does seem that people with newer models, 2012 and up, have more issues than the older Winnebago Aspect/Itasca Cambrias. And it's often talked about how few people have issues with the older models.

I recently had a weld on a slide out track break but that's it. Probably my fault from extending/retracting the slide out while out of level....I try to get within 1 degree of level, and i'm calling that good.

All my systems work perfectly. Original fridge, AC, furnace, generator, inverter, etc....

Check out AZ Expert on youtube....this guy is legit if you really want to know what the 'best' RV/Coach/Motorhome to look for is.

7. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Congrats! I'd love to get that same unit one day. Just got a new fifth wheel toy hauler at the beginning of the year, and I am just about through all of the teething issues in getting stuff ironed out. Always thought the stove would be pointless in an RV unless you're a full-timer, but surprisingly, I use it all the time. At the track right now and just made a pizza in there 20 minutes ago!

8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Thanks for suggestion. Will check it out.