1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chris Spencer RIP

Discussion in 'General' started by skip salenius, Oct 8, 2010.

1. SVJoker

SVJoker Head HO

RIP Chris ..

2. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Jamie, I am praying for you and your family in you time of need.

3. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I still can't believe this. Prayers for the family.

4. LordMDP

LordMDP ... ... ... ....

praying for the Spencers

i'll see you when i get there Jamie

5. mollydog

mollydog Well-Known Member

Sold Chris my SV650 at the GNF in 07. Met him and Jamie. Great people. Terrible loss, I just don't know what to say, Stay strong Jamie we all feel the loss. RIP Chris.
    Mollydog

6. iceman40

iceman40 Well-Known Member

R.I.P. Chris, prayers to his family

7. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

So sorry :(

8. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

Ugh. Rip. :(

9. XRacerX

XRacerX Well-Known Member

Godspeed Racer

10. milroyjr

milroyjr Flatlander

R.I.P. Fellow racer

11. Niner1000RR

Niner1000RR Member

WOW!!! :( RIP

12. davissea

davissea Active Member

Jamie - We're so sorry for your loss yesterday afternoon. Much Grace to you and your family in this time of need.

13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Very sad...
    RIP Chris.

14. bjanzen

bjanzen New Member

Chris was my friend too..... i miss him

Guys,

I am not a racer but Chris and were racing buddies since the 90's. I met him in 96 maybe and knew Jamie when he was maybe only 7yo. Chris and have raced electric boats, gas boats, dirt buggies, and I don't remeber what else. Btw.... these were all radio control races. I hadn't talked to him lately because we were into different things but heard the news and called his cell number and talked to Jamie..... I am so sorry.

I have listened to countless stories of his on road trips to these races we did. We were road and pit buddies for a dozen years. Jamie I remember him telling me how he wanted to get back in your life and not sure how to do it...... when you wanted to race bikes.... he was all in. Chris never did anything half way.... we have that trait in common.

I remember Chris telling me about his early days of road racing. He saw some motorcycle races at Road Atlanta and just HAD to get out on that track. He raced bikes when he was a kid and wasw quite goood at it. He was a natural from what I undertstood. I think he raced a 600for a few years in the 80s or early 90s but not sure on that.

His love for that RA track was obvious to me and I will miss him very much. I think if he could have picked a place to finishlife in style........ he wouldn't have chosen anywhere else. He was truly IMHO..... where he loved. Jamie, I pray you are okay. I know this is vey hard. But I know you have had a wonderful dad that has loved his time with you.

15. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Godspeed Brother :(

16. fixerflyer

fixerflyer Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your loss Jamie.

17. MrMeat

MrMeat Member

So very sad.

18. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

the first time i met Chris and Jamie was in '06 i think it was. i hosted a mini track day at "BTK" and Chris and Jamie came to it.
    Chris rode and Jamie ,who as i recall had never ridden on a road course, spectated til towards the end of the day when Chris asked if his son could go out when the track was clear and ride around a bit to check it all out.the rest as is said, is history.
    Chris got faster and faster and so did his son.but always there together. chasing and pushing each other.i admired them as a father/son team.
    Jamie- as time goes on and some healing may begin you will see this precious time you had with your Dad as a rare gift in time.i am very sad for your loss here. now.
    with deepest sympathy,
    Mookie from your SEMRA days...

19. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

What a great description of Dad taking his offspring under his wing and teaching him, and as a bonus joining in the activity! How many 'soccer mom' dads are out there yelling aand bitching without throwing a leg over a race bike.
    Jamie, your Dad was very special in his love for you, and he has done his job; he has prepared you not only to be a top racer, but to be a successful man in the world. He is looking down on you with great pride, knowing that he did his job well and that you will never disappoint.
    I celebrate your Dad's time on earth and I celebrate how his love for you and family has reaped such tremendous rewards.
    You can share my canopy anytime my young friend! Got an extra bunk in the RV too!:up:

20. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Heritage Funeral Home
    7454 E Brainerd Rd
    Chattanooga TN 37421