1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capital Punishment Question

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by guerrilla, Nov 4, 2003.

1. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

how 'bout non-native??? or for the BBS bubbas: fur-in-er?

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Perfect.:D

3. WeaselBob

sent a whine to your email other day, guess it ain't workin'. any plans to return stateside in future?

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I did reply yesterday.

5. WeaselBob

oh, guess the new spam filter doesn't like you , I'' have to take a lookie :D

6. WeaselBob

DOH found it, sorrry, will reply later after some thought

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Only 7 concurred, 2 dissented. I doubt the two who didn't agree would want or take credit.

8. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Well said and I believe you hit my position directly on the head. I guess the answer to some of your questions might be that the "Pro-Choice within reason" or the "Pro-Life except in the case of..." groups are the silent majority. The minority (on BOTH extreme ends) are the ones responsible for the hysteria. Neither group is willing or able to compromise, and I understand that for them any compromise would go completely against their beliefs, so you and I will never change that or their minds. I can certainly respect how strong both sides convictions are, if I agree or not. So here we are... The other problem is defining where the line would be in that gray area. When would abortation be acceptable or not acceptable? It is mucho easier to go all the way one way or the other..

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't realize positions were so clear cut. For some reason, I had 5-4 stuck in my mind but I can't remember why.

10. Raeron

Raeron New Member

I do not think that Capital Punishment is a difficult issue. How is it up to a man to decide that it is OK to take another man's life, regardless of the circumstances? We think that because a courtroom and man-made laws deem it OK to kill another human being, that there is nothing wrong with it. The United States is the only "modern" society where it is still acceptable to murder another person.

A lot of people say that Capital Punishment is the way to go, because it will cost so much money to keep that person in jail. Get your facts in order. After you pay for all of the appeals and years that the person will still spend in jail, capital punishment far outweighs keeping a prisoner in jail for life.

People also say that the prisoner is not able to be rehabilitated. That is also not a valid arguement, because do any of us believe that jail is there to rehabilitate prisoners? No. Most prisoners just learn how to become better criminals while they are in jail. Also, murderers have the lowest chance of committing their crime again, as compared to other criminals do with their crimes.

Just food for thought.

11. mad brad

mad brad Guest

blah blah blah clown. no one should get three squares a day cause you and your ilk have no sack.

THROW THE SWITCH!

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

There is no need to rehabilitate someone who should spend the rest of their days in prison at the very least. We're talking murder, not hanging bad paper. The murderer deserves the same chance of freedom his victim gets.
    Personally, I think life in solitary confinement would be more appropriate than death.