1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capital Punishment Question

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by guerrilla, Nov 4, 2003.

1. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

what's your beef? i ain't getting in to this again over some bullshit. you've pulled a phrase or idea out of context and turned it to make me sound like I'm advocating prisoners rights or something, which i'm not

take things in the context of the entire discussion rather than nit-picking minutia, you just got all pisy cuz I viewed and challenged your statement as incorrect

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Better yet and to copy the Soviets again. March them slowly into mine fields or against machine gun postions armed with shovels.

3. WeaselBob

why ruin a good shovel?

4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Not nitpicking. It came from something that you threw out:

"just a note: many favor execution because they fear the killer will get set free (I can look up stats in the same three boxes if you insist)
    gallop poles are good for news crap, but not a scientific representation. when gallop asked one question : "Do you favor death penalty?" about 65 percent say "yes"

when rephrased and asked "do you favor death penalty if there were the option of life withOUT parole" the "yes" dropped to low 50 percent range."

So if you will keep in the context of the entire discussion, we won't get sidetracked on little discussions like this.

5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

blob accusing people of taking a discussion out of context?

weird. funny, but weird.

6. WeaselBob

why is it, when anyone ever tries to have a debate around here you don't support a position as much as just stir shit and throw sones at anyone who disagrees?

Are you so insecure you'll do anything to get noticed? Ahhhh... Mr Number One Poster not getting enuf attention?

You used to disgust me, but that's changed, I should feel sorry for you but your pathetic behavior is laughable :D

7. WeaselBob

it refers back to someting earlier, or maybe something I meant to mention, who cares, but never mind, don't you have some jackets or something to pedal in the general section? :D

8. dtalbott

No jackets yet, and I haven't sold anything in the P&R section.

Would you like to be my first P&R customer? :D

9. WeaselBob

catch me on payday, and please don't lure my wife into another mailorder binge

10. dtalbott

If I knew your wife's email address, I'd help her get you the Christmas presents that you really want.

Now back to the death penalty debate

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Re: The Kid thing

A very real fear. Probably one of the most famous examples being Willie Horton, who sunk Mike Dukakis' political career.

The murder Willie committed was local to me, I lived about a mile away at the time. He robbed a local gas station and stabbed to death the teenage attendant. This was just about as brutal, cold-hearted and uncalled-for a killing as you could ever see.

Just a few years later he failed to return from a weekend furlough (go figure) and was recaptured after holding a couple hostage, tying up the man so he could watch and listen to the woman be repeatedly raped and tortured.

What sort of morons would let someone like this out for weekends off from prison? He was out before he served his sentence or was even paroled. With idiots like this in charge of prisons, we have a great deal to fear.
    Of course, this happened in ultra-liberal, ultra-progressive Massachusetts, so what do you expect? All their concern and sympathy was reserved for the murderer, the 16 year old kid who was slaughtered and stuffed in a trash can for a few dollars so a low-life could buy more drugs didn't factor into the equation.

Even if he had never actually been executed, chances are he would not have been given weekend vacations from death row.

And incidentally, the people of Mass have said since by popular vote that they want the death penalty reinstated. It was vetoed by the governor.

12. mad brad

mad brad Guest

wow, now blob accuses someone else of "shit" stirring.

his hypocrisy knows no bounds.

more guilty killers have gotten off than "innocents" die in the chair. 1000% more.

13. guerrilla

guerrilla Real King of the Jungle

Now I can see why BRAD chooses to insult you instead of argue with you. You have not one grain of common sense in your head! So it's back to the ignore list.

Jut so you know your handle is dead to me now! So don't bother responding!

14. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Nice work, Dr. Spin. They don't advocate the killing of an innocent fetus. Rather, they are against the goverment making medical desicions, as am I. If interested, you can look at a recent thread on this to see my position on abortation, but I am against generalized and mis-leading statements.

BTW, fry the bastards...

15. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

LOL! I almost missed that! :D

16. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Must be because everywhere I've lived(several states inc. NY and CA) it would be called racially motivated plus now would even be considered a hate crime by the media when it's the white guys beating the black guy.

17. WeaselBob

and I thought a monkey hd enuf sense to recognize a joke when a smley is atached
    good, now if you and brad would only keep your word on this I'd feel much better, cuz I hate it when I let myself get draw down to your level

Last edited: Nov 5, 2003
  18. WeaselBob

I pointed that out earlier, but closed minds just don't seem to read too well :D

19. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i quoted this so jamie would see it. :D

and just what is your level troll? you are a stupid screen name, and don't have the sack to spew your misguided crap using your real name. i'd need a shovel and a archaeologist to find your layer

20. Tony Moore

Tony Moore Well-Known Member

Dress em in cat suits and send them to Dan's house