1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capital Punishment Question

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by guerrilla, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bob, I could care less if they are black, white, red, green or yellow. Shoot 'em.

Well, Shoot 'em twice if they are green. ;)

2. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

...and post polls, right? :D

3. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

well, seeing as how you agree with the more efficient russian method, that leaves you open to be blasted as a commie-pinko, which will eventually lead to being hailed a french sympathizer, and then a short slippery-slope slide to being a liberal :D
    see? its all in how you build your ladder of logic

4. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

are frogs Green???

5. WeaselBob

not after a run through the blender

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

that's it bob, ignore that data again with the jokes.

wow, you almost fooled me. sorry, but i've been civil with you. you choose to ignore reality (as all liberals do) and i quickly and simply pointed reality out to you. oh, i get it. when a liberal is shown blatant reality, they fight back with remarks like yours. it's okay, all your mindless buddies do it to.

BTW how do you reply to the data shown, just in case you forgot again.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What are the racial statistics for people under the poverty level?

8. WeaselBob

1) I'll get to the date when I have a chance
    2) yo udidn't point out reality, just spouted off baseless opinions
    3) what do you know about liberals other than the negative jobs you parrot? the insulting generalities you spout make you look like a clueless redneck
    4) besides, any data I throw up you respond with your opinions about a particular phrase raher than conter the point...

in short, you ain't GOT any argument so far, and I thought you promised to leave me alone? guess maybe you just shot off your mouth and didn't mean that one too ? now go hide behind guerilla again, you bore me, no challenge, kinds like the playground big mouth

Last edited: Nov 4, 2003
  9. WeaselBob

sounds like a leading question to me :D dig it up yourself

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

oh, ouch. :rolleyes:

coming from a nameless, faceless, troll.

11. WeaselBob

you call this civil???

sounds more with like someone with anger or maturity/esteem issues :D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, I'm curious to see if Ape has a point or not, I think he does. I asked you because you're the one who started in on the stats thing so I thought maybe you had done your research thoroughly to support your position.

I figured based on past history with all this what your repsonse would be so I a, looking at the census site now.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Looks like in 02 the poverty level stuff is as follows.

10% of whites, 24% of blacks, and 22% of hispanics.

With the three totalled up you have a total of 40,905,000 give or take a dozen. Of these 23.5 mil are white, 8.9 mil black, 8.5mil hispanic.

So it looks like it's about 57% white, 22% black, 21% Hispanic.

Based on poverty level alone it seems as if black guys are getting screwed and the latinos are getting away with more than the whites.

Granted this is all a little off because I didn't break anything down by state so a lot of America where there aren't any blacks and a lot of poor whites is being included and skews the results some.

Ape still had the best point of all, stats are too easy to use to prove any conclusion you already have.

14. WeaselBob

he does have a good point, however he's mixing data, The info he cited is about crimes committed.

Be it race or economic standing, my position is that the death sentence is disproportionately applied, which is NOT the same as rates for the commision of the crime.

15. guerrilla

guerrilla Real King of the Jungle

Actually I been saying for months he has SEXUAL IDENTITY issues! :D

16. guerrilla

Okay one last time:

Based on the CURRENT CENSUS STATS

75% of the US is White
    13% is African American

Roughly a 5.8 to 1 margin

So if you have 100,000 white people you will have 17,000 African Americans.

According to the stats I presented in the year 2000 3 out of every 100,000 white people commited a murder. Now 21 African Americans out of every 100,000 commited a murder. So if you divide 21 by 5.8 you get 3.6 murders from your population!

So in the White Population you have 3.0 Murders in the African American population you have 3.6 murders!

BOB please explain WHY there are more WHITE PEOPLE on DEATH ROW????????????????????????? How is it that African Americans are comitting 55% of all murders comitted yet their are fewer of them on death row? It certainly isn't because we send more of them to death row!????

17. guerrilla

Ah this could have something to do with it! 57% of those below the poverty level are white. Thats about 2.6 to 1. Although it still doesn't prove anything!

Throwing out RANDOM statistics BOB (like I warned you before) is like throwing out a random bible verse. I will just go find one that proves my point over yours.

I personally believe there is a socioeconomic bias. If you are saddled with a public defender you are going to FRY! If you pay millions for Bailey, Shapiro, and Cochrane you might have a chance. The dog and pony show is the problem I have with the death penalty. I am not sure I trust the life of a possibly innocent man to this procedure!

Now the other issue in the SNIPER case is the fact that Lee Boyd Malvo was a Juvenile at the times the murders were committed what do we do with him?

18. WeaselBob

I'll try to counter when I get home tonight, but indulge me... there's a big difference between murders and capital murders. I'll probably never have the time to gather what I need, although I heard it several years ago the notes are buried in three copy paper boxes and I ain't got any inclination to dig through all that crap (and ain't gonna pop-up in some simple five-minute google search)

you're using fiures of #s of murders, which are different from capital murder cases ( far less in total count) with markedly different percentages). Ya get the difference? a capital murder vs. some guy that catches his wife with the mailman, get's PO'd and shoots them

oh to hell with it, I quit, run up your victory flag and scratch some fleas, I don't have the time and who'd believe it anyway

Last edited: Nov 5, 2003
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Shoot 'em. Debate over.

100% of Dave K's say so.

20. WeaselBob

you talkin' 'bout the inmates or me and the ape?