1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we agree to remove the super from Superstock?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jared, Aug 14, 2018.

1. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

How about we go the exact opposite?

Superbike rules only... if guys are gonna spend the money or not anyway, just take away the entire dynamic. "Most guys" bump up to the next SS class or SB of their own class to get extra seat time but a lower likelihood of wining anyway...

Half the classes, twice the laps, same price as running two races anyway...

Want to have a class suited just for you just so you can win? Then make a gentleman's agreement for those who run a true stock bike in the SBK only races, pitch in $10 each and have your own purse and therefore bragging rights. Sure, you won't get a trophy (or maybe you will) but you have a little cash to buy dinner with your buddies and talk about how you still managed to beat half the built bikes...

Just a thought...

Kyle Brosius and Gorilla George like this.
  2. :stupid:

I would prefer SB only rules. Eliminate the crying and complaining, eliminate the protests, etc.

I’ve progressed to typically running SB only classes anyway, with the exception of A-SS and HWT-SS, only because the Duc is bone stock except for levers, rearsets, exhaust, shit like that.

Some people think SB rules makes things unfair. Personally, I think the opposite is true. You are free to build your bike however you like in order to level the playing field.

I am typically at a 50-75lb disadvantage to the guys in the 600/750 classes. Building the motor and putting forged Marchesinis on the bike cancels some of that out. It basically levels the playing field against all the tinkerbells.

I would hate to see a smaller rider on a bike built to the same specs as my R6, that dude would piss me off. But luckily there aren’t any others built like mine.

SB rules would greatly simply things. No worrying about what you think the other guys has, just STFU and grid up. Run what you brung.

Kyle Brosius and r6boater like this.
  3. I often see comments about removing the B/750 classes, and I have never understood that. The 750 classes are some of the largest grids and are made up of modern machinery, which means they do (and will always) appeal to up and coming riders. The grids are big and the competition is great. The 750 races are usually some of the best races.

They are full of the 600 riders, plus with some 750’s and Duc 899/959s/1098s mixed in, which makes for some interesting battles.

It doesn’t make sense to cut one of the largest classes, when there are multiple other classes that consistently have very few riders.

To make it fair, I looked at the grids for 10 different weekends across multiple regions, and multiple seasons, and compared the B (750) classes with V3, V4, V5, V6, V7, V8 Clubman, and F.

On average there were 15-20 riders in the B classes.

In almost every instance of all of the other classes mentioned, they had 3 or fewer riders. The majority of times there was only 1-2 riders, and many times there were 0 entries.

I’m not directing this towards any particular individual or bike or anything of the sort. I am simply talking numbers and facts.

The comment was made about removing the B classes to streamline the event and make room for other races to be longer. But factually speaking, the B grids are some of the largest, and there are many other grids that consistently have less than 3 riders.

worthless likes this.
  4. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

The beeb is going about this all wrong. For the many reasons stated its impractical to limit builds. Remember the dyno hp limited classes? Electronics or other hidden switches turned 108hp into 118hp right after the dyno run.

If we are truly interested in controlling power, it would be easy to build a small "black box" that measures acceleration to compare against known acceleration curves. Mount it on a bike like a transponder. Exceed the curve and you are DQd.

The same box can be loaded with different curves for different classes. Or you dont even need to load the accel curves, just compare the timestamp of uploaded data against race control curves. With 2 way transponder communication tech all this can happen automatically in timing/scoring.

All data is secured with blockchain tech to prevent curve hacking.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  5. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Lets just call a spade a spade......

The guys that walk around boohooing about what fancy parts other riders have on their bikes are the same guys that can't ride their way out of a wet paper bag. LMAO!

Paige, MELK-MAN and Gorilla George like this.
  6. Cajun Kid

The truth is that all the fancy parts and thousands "Fucking Thousands" of dollars are worth about .50 of a second...... Ask me how I know LOL.

Building a SBK is just fucking fun. Racing it is Fucking fun. Geaux have fun. Stop crying.

Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  7. Cajun Kid

Take the top 5 from Wera expert 600 race give the grid all stock bikes.... Guess where they all finish.....

In the same damn order!

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I largely agree with the last 3 posts....

Gorilla George and Cajun Kid like this.
  9. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

You forgot to.... BF717144-8C90-4687-B207-E51A089A8C47.jpeg

:D

R1 Johnnie, Paige, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You double up on the pre-work out this morning bud?:crackup:

Cajun Kid and Phl218 like this.
  11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

works just fine for Endurance

r6boater and Gorilla George like this.
  12. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

That’d be funny. The whole situation could end up like doping in cycling. Everyone would be able to cheat some - faster riders a tiny bit and slower riders a lot - because the limit would have to be set pretty high.

13. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

They should just combine all the classes together while they're at it...because the fast riders are gonna win either way. No need to bother with A/B/C classes...

:Pop:

pscook and Cajun Kid like this.
  14. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Works for endurance...sorta.

15. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

You guys are just not thinking big enough. To heck with Superbike rules, make it Formula for everything, just displacement rules for the smaller stuff, and a fuel rule to make sure the fuel burns with a flame you can see. The used to be the original Formula USA class, and resulted in the Yamamonster, an alcohol powered Suzuki (the Methanol Monster), turbocharged Honda 900's, and a turbocharged GSXR-1000 that ran in an F1 race at VIR.

Sweatypants likes this.
  16. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

I like it! Twin Turbo R3 with a 200 rear tire... no stretch though, we need to be able to turn.

17. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Pure lethal rog!

18. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Hold up hold up, it's too wet.

19. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

I’ll spank ya all on a stock 04 R1 and I’ve never even been on a track before!!! Lol no really though for me it would all be about the fun of racing win or lose. Unless there’s big money involved it’s all for fun anyway. But I can see it being stressful if ya just can’t afford the good shit.

20. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

I love running my 600 in A races a d finishing mid pack. Although I bet if it was 6 clear track flyers in a row I could be faster than more but holy shit can those liter bikes make up time on long straights. Then they take a really tight line and I gotta try for the outside. Spoke with a friend on a new r1 that was in the A race with me at mid Ohio. Both of us have Aim Solos and he has 20ish mph on me. I felt like I was riding a scooter.