1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we agree to remove the super from Superstock?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jared, Aug 14, 2018.

1. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

It was called production...I rode a C production bike. Suspension could be modified, steering damper added. Non OEM brake pads, and non OEM DOT tires were allowed. Everything else was to remain OEM. In 88’, I bought a FZR 400, same deal. When I added a Yoshimura exhaust, it was classified as superbike.

Ducti89 likes this.
  2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You contradicted yourself in 2 sentences.

Is robbery a crime? Is it enforced? Does it still happen?

:D

3. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

Exactly my point! A SS class shouldn't need a motor build. Lol
    If you got a motor build, probably for SB, then don't run SS.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Some of us ran VP fuels for the sake of consistently getting good fuel versus unknown in ground tank conditions at your local gas depot.

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. You are missing the most important part, race gas smells awesome.

The adrenaline rush and excitement I get from sniffing MR12 has a greater impact on my lap times than the extra HP.

Nobody is losing because of MR12.

Is it possible some “stock guy” might be beaten at the line by a combination of MR12, a built motor, ceramic bearings, Magnesium wheels, etc...maybe. But a good drive and better gearing by the “stock guy” could have possibly negated that.

I don’t see race gas in and of itself making a big difference in the outcome of championships, or even races.

TLR67 and rcarson15 like this.
  6. There is a such thing as a SS motor build.

But putting that aside, that is the point Mongo was making...nobody “needs” a motor build. If you don’t want one, then don’t get one.

But don’t expect the rules to be changed just because you don’t want one.

7. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

The word "consistently" and "a podium" aren't contradictory. Do I believe the sole reason I was 6 seconds, guesstimating but it was substantial, off of a better finish at RA was due to a motor build? No! Do I think that I lost a podium finish by .002 seconds at Barber, after being in fron and consistently having a better drive off the corner throughout the weekend but lost the HP war, was due to motor? Yes!

Carrying A gun inside of a bank or on a military installation is a crime. It's enforced. People do it considerably less. Also, when robbery is enforced the amount of robberies go considerably down.

8. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

I'll agree that a stock guy can beat them.i believe enforcing one rule helps to inhibit the rest.

9. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

Also, a SS motor build can run off of pump.

10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

After 5 pages I think the original question has been answered....NO, we can't agree!

5axis, TurboBlew, obcbr and 1 other person like this.
  11. I was JUST about to post the exact same thing. :D

obcbr likes this.
  12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Just when I'm ready to sell you to the Gypsies, you say something concise, relevant, and logical.

14. I have to keep you guessing. :D

15. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Nah, when we see "concise, relevant, and logical" from you we just assume it's because you rambled for 15 minutes to your secretary and they distilled all that down to that form and used your login to post it. ;)

16. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

"Stock"

Is offensive!

Some of us are trying to make an honest living from all these "cheaters" LMAO

17. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Back some time ago I said they need a production class. And I believed that. I wish that would happen but understand that it's probably take years to become a thing because the rules are so far gone now, even a trackday only guys are doing suspension, air filters, quickshifters, full exxhaus etc etc. I do think now, that I am becoming a better rider, still not great but better, that a stock motor that hasn't even had the cam timing done, can win races. My opinion is now starting to believe that the 750 classes should be killed. The super bike classes shall be killed. Have superstock only classes and make the races 15-20 laps long. Have the formula 1 for the 849cc and up for the "superbikes", and formula 2 for the 599-848cc "superbikes". . Kill the v8 I think it is class where typically 2-3 racers show up. There are other classes that can be run.

But I also understand that not everyone runs superbike class, and that eliminating that many classes eliminates alot of revenue for the series. Which no money equals no series. Unless you charge more for entry, then there's a reason for more people not to show up.

I do agree ban mr12 and 4.4 for the superstock class. If someone is running a race fuel and someone protest alleging that the racer is using mr12 or 4. 4 then the racer being accused of cheating shall provide data sheets with the specific gravity and other technical data on the fuel they are using. It would be up to wera at that time to test the fuel and provide a hydrometer.

But seriously, I've never seen a protest in wera. Just my opinion.

18. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

R3 cup final at the WERA GNF 2016-ish...........No??

19. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I see that as being a totally different deal. A ton on the line at that race. And it's a big race. Not a standard weekend double header.