1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we agree to remove the super from Superstock?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jared, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And that's a situation that when you figure it out will make you a better rider.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Pump gas is oxygenated....

Buddy of mine used to run a bike drag series, the only way they could ban race fuels via any testing they could do was to go to a spec fuel and test to make sure you used that specific fuel.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have the ability to tear down any engine out there and get it checked for legality - it may not be at the track but especially being near the ATL I have access to experts in just about every type of engine build out there.

The ONLY way to limit fuels is to go to a spec fuel.

4. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

Ok, so it's extremely inefficient to regulate this, sans an extremely obvious violation, I.e.; wave rotors, different master, or nitrous bottle on the dash. How about combining both 600 SS and SB for a 20 lap race, well double laps depending on the track, in the expert and novice field, at a cost of $170? Then, add the warm up and cool down lap from the above race to a 300 style class and charge an additional fee? I'd say $15-20 more. It's profitable, saves time, and makes a race more interesting, as tactics are much more important now. If 600 guys want another race to go to, they can them go to B class for a true sprint. This fills that class, which has had an extremely low turnout, and still keeps the use of tires high for the vendors.

I'd say the same for 1000's but I won't speak on their behalf, but I'm sure they would agree. That gets rid of the SB to SS debate.

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

This is what LRRS has gone to. We have a list of allowed fuels, either Sunoco options in cans, or a couple Sunoco options via on site pumps. Nothing that has power adders. Anything not on the list is illegal, including the same Sunoco 93 from alternate pumps. Random spot checking is in place, I only smell true race fuel occasionally now when hanging out on pre-grid.

6. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

my 600cc stock motor on 93 gets 103-104 horsepower.
    my SS built motor on U4.4 gets 114-115 horsepower.
    Not clue what it would get on MR12, i ain't running it.

7. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

All these snowflakes calling for bans....

[​IMG]

Kyle Brosius, Cajun Kid, 418 and 2 others like this.
  8. Damn. Are you on a Honda?

Kyle Brosius and Cajun Kid like this.
  9. :crackup:

10. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

GSXR 600

11. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

Plastic is what matters. Ask any woman, or California.

dickie doo likes this.
  12. 1996 model?

Cajun Kid likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not a chance a 96 makes that kind of power.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Might've worked for someone who can pick a '96 out of a lineup. For you, the default setting is "he's serious." :D

15. :moon:

I know that’s a trick comment, sportbikes didn’t exist in 1996. :D

TurboBlew, 5axis and HPPT like this.
  16. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Twas nearing the end of Fireblade dominance, with ZX9 and 7, CBR600 and FZR1000 also popular. 2 years before the game changing R1. :)

18. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

With 10K-20k miles LMAO.

Wonder why doesn't make power weird LOL

19. Coors75

Coors75 Member

4hhwtgrtyt ttte