1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calexit

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Jan 27, 2017.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...we have our own.

2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Yea, seems like there's more than a few east of the Mississippi that don't have a clue about Calif other than what they hear on the "biased liberal media" Of course a large number of Calif residents don't have a clue either. I love it when someone drives through Stockton and sees ships at the port then asks how they got here? :)

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I like visiting CA. I suspect most of the state is relatively sane, but LA and SF tend to give a skewed image to the rest of us.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

SF has GREAT chinese food, best in the country.

There, I said something nice about it.

In Your Corner likes this.
  5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

You act like the STATE of California would directly transfer everything to the NATION of California. That is not necessarily true. Same with your court statement.

Though most of mine was just jacking y'all vs fact. But the fact is that there would be a lot of unintended consequences and some quite distasteful to Californians. Water, power, border control, freedom of travel and defense would all be up for negotiation and change.

In the end though it has zero chance of going anywhere, it is just a bunch of brats throwing a hissy.

Big Sherm likes this.
  6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

No , I was simply commenting on your false treatise regarding use of foreign water. I was on record here a lot longer ago than you that any discussion of secession was absurd.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I'm sure a mutual defense agreement could be made with Cuba.

Or hell, China is buying up half the damn state, they'll send the red army to protect their interests. :D

8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

HaHa I wonder how they will like goose stepping down Hollywood blvd?

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Hell, I had more fun on Fisherman's wharf than any place I've been since. I wonder if it still looks the same as it did in 1964? Probably not. :beer:

10. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

11. Big Sherm

Big Sherm Well-Known Member

I've said it many times since I moved to California,
    it's the most beautiful state in the union, but ruined by its voters.
    I've also said many times, I wish California could just become part of Arizona, but with no voting rights.
    Let every Arizona law and policy apply to California, with no one in California able to change any of it.

Sherm

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What is it again people say about Californians moving to other states and wanting to change the laws there? :D

crashman likes this.
  13. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Well since the last states tried to secede turned into a war I look forward to whacking some of my fellow Californians. :D

14. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It's OK for the communists to have ties to Russia.

XFBO likes this.
  17. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

That's a trend I can get behind! Don't move to Canada...go to Russia! Damn, I bet this could break all records on a go fund me campaign.:flag:

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If they go, can we fine them for pollution?

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Can we fine MN for it's lack of topography?....

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I don't know which cities are involved because I didn't look at the article itself but the headline reads that California has 6 of the top 10 most polluted cities in the country. That's kind of surprising since California has some of the most strict pollution laws in the US. What the heck is the reason for all the pollution? Maybe it's the people themselves that are the pollutants. :D