1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calexit

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Jan 27, 2017.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article129047749.html

I have heard that they pay more in taxes than they receive so that would be a net gain. However when they had to renegotiate water rights, power imports and other things the effect might be interesting. Of course then you add in they would need a pass port etc.

Never going to happen but a in depth study would be interesting.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

If Cali exited Trump would have won both the electoral college as well as the popular vote. California was singlehandedly responsible for Hillary winning the popular vote as most libtards neglect to include when they mention Trump lost the popular vote.

3. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Since the issue of secession seems to have been settled, any Constitutional scholarly opinions on expelling states from the Union?

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

These are the same people who called us Texans traitors for considering the same action.

britx303, XFBO, Fencer and 1 other person like this.
  5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The balkanization of the United States is inevitable. It's simply a matter of time.

6. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

California secession would not be bloodless. I suspect that it would lead to a civil war and you know who owns the guns.

Vote or no vote, I'm NOT giving up my constitutional rights.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Again?

[​IMG]

Shenanigans and BHP41 like this.
  8. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder that not everyone here is wackadoodle. Sure couldn't tell it by watching the local news... o_O

9. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

That seems odd... 585K signatures to get something on the ballot for the state? There were around 14 Million votes for the Presidential election. That's only people that actually voted. I feel like the number on the petition should be a lot higher.

On the other hand, 1-in-3 isn't gonna get them outta the Union.

10. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Who would be fighting?

11. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Calexit managed to get passed in a vote you would still have a minority of Californians who would want to retain the protections of the US constitution. Those who were born under the protections and are entitled to them by birth who would not want them infringed.

Like the civil war there would be parties on both sides of the border who wouldn't want California to leave. There would be plenty who would fight.

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Maybe the people who wanted to remain US citizens could move out. Not sure how that would work if they really wanted to stay.

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I thought this was going to be about Crutchlow leaving LCR....

badmoon692008 and sheepofblue like this.
  14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

The most deadly fighters would be those of us in other states fighting to help them exit. :D

V5 Racer and kangasj like this.
  15. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Whats funny is they think they will keep all of their United States rights and have easy access to the remaining 49 states.

16. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

They haven't thought it through. Everything from currency to travel to constitutional rights. Wonder how they'll feel when their right to free speech is gone, of the fifth amendment protections.

17. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

:stupid:

The unintended consequences are immeasurable.

Let the fruits and nuts have their fantasy. It's kinda funny to watch. :D

XFBO likes this.
  18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Funny thing, there already is another split inside of California. The rural areas want to make a State called Jefferson. It comprises about 80% of the land mass, excluding LA, SF, SD and Sacramento. Let Cali go and keep Jefferson. Don't need to change the flag, still have 50 stars. We keep all the food, water and skiing. They keep all the wierdos. Sounds like a win to me.:crackup:

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

For at least a decade now, I've been thinking the very same thing. I don't think it'll be anywhere near what's happened in Europe or the Middle East, etc..... but I can definitely see us heading into a north(left) vs south(right) like split.

The last 8 yrs, especially this latest election results have PROVEN that one specific party has no interest in compromise and they only want to promote THEIR agendas and way of life. As we've seen as of late, nothing else will do, they will label us whatever negative title they think fits, even when the facts don't match the description. The shit I've seen that party and their supporters do in these past few years is mind-boggling. I've been saying it for awhile now, but honestly, I don't see them changing anytime soon so yea....a split of some sort is coming.

20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I don't see a split as inevitable. The issue seems to be rural vs city and the geometry doesn't support a split. Most of the real wealth (ie not money) is rural. Things like raw materials, food, power etc. Most of the people are city (including the 'burbs). The key is the suburbs where I think people are getting tired of being taxed into oblivion to keep the cities afloat. Cities, by themselves, can't survive on their own. The current sanctuary city issue will be telling on how it all plays out.