1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calexit

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I hope they pull federal funding from San Francisco. That place is a shit hole.

2. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

There are plenty of crazies here who make a lot of noise, but I think an even larger amount of folks who remain relatively silent because the see the irrationality of the proposal.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

cpettit likes this.
  3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Why do you say that? Have you been there lately? It's a beautiful place with some of the best restaurants and bars in the country. Economy is booming there and opportunities abound.

What makes it such a shit hole other than people who don't think just like you?

I tease about the south a lot but I don't think the cities down there are total shit just because I don't agree with their politics.

You're blindfolded and painting with a very broad brush.

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Isn't it Rob P that seems to have a certain distaste for cities, any cities?....

5. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

If you didn't have something to compare it to you could say it is nice.

What makes SF a shithole:
    1. It is filthy.
    2. There are homeless everywhere.
    3. It smells of urine.
    4. Traffic
    5. Parking
    6. It's infested with hippies.
    Want a nice city by a bay. Sidney.

6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

#6 is reason enough:D

sbk1198 likes this.
  7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

You left out nude old pervs.

[​IMG]

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Good!

Get back to federalism!

9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Some of us have been very consistent regarding any secession, anywhere. It simply will not happen.
    No. Virtually the only place it has any large county support is Siskyou and Modoc -- total population ~55,000. And as I previously mentioned, they have so little voice you feel sympathy; then you see their flag and it turns to sadness. They really need a new flag. :crackup:

10. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

So to show Trump...the Hollywood celebs can now "move away" from the US without leaving...brilliant!! :D

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

And lose US copyright protection. :D

Potts N Pans likes this.
  12. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

That's funny. My brother lives in Clovis and runs a business that has him talking to a fair slice of people there. It would seem that most of those that he speaks to lean more right than left.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah but the rest of us like Texas, not so much Cali...

As I sit here in Fontana at ACS :D

Fonda Dix likes this.
  14. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I miss the trips that we used to make there. Even the year that had to be canceled due to the high winds. It was still a good time with friends.

15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Says a guy that lives in Roseville. That's like comparing Irvine with Rome.
    Funny you'd choose a Aussie city as a hallmark, given your recent comments about "constitutional rights".

16. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Article IV - Free inhabitant, pursuant to The Articles of Confederation trumps US Constitution and affords all Californian US Rights and beyond.

17. CW AF 03

Only if they're part of the United States.

18. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Bad attempt at sarcasm. I was reminded of the Free Inhabitant Girl (video).

19. CW AF 03

I thought you were referencing some of the "sovereign citizen" rhetoric. You dont strike me as the type so I figured it was sarcasm.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

The California Sec of State has given the green light to start collecting the needed 600,000 legit signatures to place the issue on the State ballot. Even though we keep hearing from a lot of people that it will never happen I'm going to use the "wait and see" approach so that I don't have egg on my face if it actually happens. Plenty of weird things have already happened to completely discount it. Remember, it is California that we're talking about here. :)