1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brian Eves of Alamogordo NM is a thief.

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Blackgt76, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Jordan

Jordan Well-Known Member

maybe flying pig, asmatechm and brian eves are all gays doing gay things with each other and there hands and mouths are to full to do anything such as typing or answering calls?! WHHOOooooo knows?! :D

2. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Gapman is always on top of this shit. lol No shady deal goes unnoticed from this man... I commend him for that.:up:

3. Roger@Arroyo

Roger@Arroyo Well-Known Member

Yeah, sold, but not paid for by the op.

So, I talked to Brian Eves today, who is NOT a member here, so blow your conspiracy stories up someone elses ass.

Brian held the bike for your deposit for well over a month, then, after you did not return his phone calls to let him know when you were going to pay for the rest of the bike, he sold it to someone else who would pay for it. Duh, sounds like a no brainer to me.

As far as dodging your emails, he's on a job in Yuma, doesn't have a laptop, and is supposed to be passing by my track and will be stopping to pick up some parts here on his way home. He's not trying to keep your deposit, although I personally would after you posted up all this bullshit.

I have known Brian Eves for many years, a conservative 50 something year old, he flies all over the country working on military jet aircraft engines and doesn't live on a computer like the rest of us, which is why Greg posted the bike on the boards for him.

As far as them knowing each other, yes they do, they all have raced here. (although Pig moved to Dallas last year, which is a long way from here. Pig and I both were suprised at the price Brian was selling for and we both said we would have bought it at that price. When the op didn't pay or return calls, Brian sold it to the Pig. If the op would have called back when Brian was trying to get ahold of him, he'd already have his deposit back. As far as the shipping, someone else picked up the bike to transport it to Dallas, so yes, there were charges there, the Pig didn't pick it up. I know, I was at the track when it was picked up.

4. Jordan

Jordan Well-Known Member

:up:

they are still all gays.:D

All cool guys that wouldn't screw anyone over and that i would trust 100%.

5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

FWrider is Brian Eves and is a WERA member.

Out of normal decency, pig should have made contact with black and said 'hey dude, I'm getting ready to buy your bike, you better go get it.'

But, it was a smokin' deal for pig, he was being greedy/selfish about it and didn't give a damn about the circumstances. His smart ass comments suggested that.

Brian should have sent the money back to Black the day pig paid for the bike or before.

It's a shady deal, no matter how you slice it. The end.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  6. fzr400tony

fzr400tony can't ride

Keeping a deposit without executing the transaction (even if it is the buyer who backs out) is just wrong (and most likely not legal in your state). If your friend is such a stand up guy he would have sent the $500 back when he sold the bike to someone else. The fact that black didn't pay the full amount in a month, to me, isn't the issue. It's that your friend took $500 of black's money and black received nothing in return.

I got no horse in this race, but if he was my friend I would definitely mention to him that his name is being drug through the mud and that keeping the deposit is not the right thing to do.

7. gapman789

:stupid: Exactly.

You don't need a month or replies to emails to give somebody a refund.
    This computer-less, stand up guy, that works on jets without a computer could have and should have sent the money back asap.
    Black should've woke up one morning and had an extra $500 sitting in his PP account.
    Hard to believe that FWrider, err Brian Eves, hasn't been around a computer in a month to refund blacks' money.

How can that not be considered 'shady', for lack of a better term?

The end, again.

8. Blackgt76

Blackgt76 Well-Known Member

I did not return his phone calls???????????? Interesting, i would love to print my verizon records to show that he did not attempt to contact me once. WAIT i take that back, he did call me once and asked if we were still on, i said yes, and was still trying to get a truck there. (Not an easy task when no trucker wants to go to east coast in winter) At that point if he mentioned he had another buyer that was ready to pay the full shot i would have been understanding and asked for deposit back. When i sent him a deposit i told him it might be a few weeks before i got a truck there to pick it up. If that was a problem he should have said that. Or should have said "please pay in full" There was no time frame how long he was going to hold the bike.

As far as him not being ablwe to return calls. I called him a number of times, sometimes his phone was off others it was on, so its bullshit he wasnt by the phone or didnt get messages. If he is such a stand up guy then return the deposit and dont let it get to this point. I have asked flying a while ago to contact Brian and have Brian get a hold of me, I have a PM from Flying saying " ive talked to him and he will be getting a hold of you.

I did not start this to trash anyone but simply to get my deposit back, because being nice definately failed.

9. squish

squish Well-Known Member

:up:I bought a bike from Roman (blackgt). There was never an issue with communication and or honesty. I can't see him not answering his phone, this is what he does for a living. I don't know the other guys, but I know this dude does what he says he will do, and have seen others on here back him up.

10. chidadog

chidadog Well-Known Member

Wow..What a mess.. I know most of you here and everyone has their perspective on what happened and who is at fault with fingers pointing all over. As a seller like some here we live on communication which is our #1 priority. Also we look for the deals and need to move quickly..typically asking more pertinant questions later...hence the dibs thing and getting in pm line. Business the seller has with someone else is no business of the buyer or next in line. It's about that deal. It's the one that puts his hand out for the $ that is closing a his sale. For us that refund would have been taken care of before the new deal. Now it should have been in black's hand before pigs deal. Very simple and quick to return a deposit. This is the seller's challenge. Both of these guys are stand up guys and I stand by both as well as most of you posting here. Now the seller I don't know but I'm sure he'll do the right thing. There may be other situations or circumstances that he can't do it but we all tend to move to the negative when our requests or questions are left unanswered. Here again Communication. Top of my list. This is how we learn how NOT to do business....so....

Like my grandmother used to say "There's all kinds of people in this world.....so save your money" :confused:

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

:up: Very true words.

I'm doing a deal myself that was started in early December. Talked to the seller on the phone, kind of felt each other out and I guess we had a decent vibe. I offered to make a deposit, he said don't worry, took me at my word. We keep in touch every now and then and hopefully we can finally hook up this weekend. But we kept in touch. 400 mile plus deals can be tricky, but simple communication can make it very easy.

12. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

edit nm I actually read the thread

13. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

Horseshit.

Since when is it the buyers responsibility to find out why a bike is for sale again? If a bike was described as 'SOLD' and subsequently became 'available' again that would imply that the original buyer had backed out of the deal.

If the original buyer never did actually back out of the sale then that's all on the seller, not any other buyer who has the cash to pick up the bike. How many times has there been a For Sale thread in which a buyer backed out of a deal? It's not out of the ordinary, if i saw that happen I would not feel inclined to concact the original buyer to make sure it's all good. You can't pin the douchebaggery of the seller on the other buyer. That's ridiculous. The ONLY time I would feel inclined to ask, is if it was a friend of mine that was the original buyer.

14. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I have also bought a bike form Roman Blackgt76. When I made a deal with him on a bike he was selling he return texts and phone calls right away. Had the paperwork and the bike ready to go when I travel from Chicago to Rodstrecher NY. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.

I also agree that teh $500 deposit should have been returned before the bike was sold to Gapman.

15. gapman789

All those guys being good friends had alot to do with this deal going bad.
    It's kinda peculiar that the '3 amigos' haven't addressed any of this, and the '4th' amigo arroyo had to come in and speak for all 3 of them.

16. BuiltforSin

BuiltforSin In the grass

Well said. I agree.

17. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

They do all know eachother?

If that's the case then I would agree with you to some extent.

18. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

gapman didnt buy anything....

flying pig70 bought the bike. gapman is just commenting on the thread.

19. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Woops sorry about that. I got my names mixed up.

20. Blackgt76

Blackgt76 Well-Known Member

So you say you talked to brian eh, so he does have his phone on him??? Ok so then he is dodging me. I have called him Tuesday and wed this wseek and left messages. As far as posting bullshit goes............. i tried to be nice and do it through pms and phone calls but never got anywhere. Looks like im getting somewhere now. Tell you what, next time you talk to him my paypal is [email protected] if he is a stand up guy like you say he is then it should be just a matter of clicking a few buttons to send me the deposit back and have this whole thing go away. Im very easy to get a hold of if and when you try.