1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bostrom on a Honda at Laguna?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Jul 17, 2011.

1. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Ben Bostrom "was" a fan favorite.....

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Still is. I'd say if he's not still the most popular racer in the paddock he'd still easily be top 5.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Is. Is here in the US. Is in Europe. Hell, Kevin Schwantz is still at rock star status over there.

4. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

what Mongo said...

He is still a huge fan fav in europe

5. 418

418 Expert #59

I think the only reason Ben is still on the map with the Europeans is because of the Ducatista's. So I don't know if riding a Honda would do much for them. I like Ben but I can easily think of couple of American racers I'd like to see ride that bike before him.

Would be cool to see what Tommy Hayden could do on a MotoGP bike, I know, never gonna happen...

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, Ben is a fan in Europe because he was good, funny, some think hot, and fast. It's not just the Duc fans just as Schwantz fans aren't all Suzuki people and all Colin fans aren't Yamaha people. Just because he's not as popular here has nothing to do with popularity overseas.

7. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

he is hot.. But eric is even more of a sexy beast

8. tunawest

no homo

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No whammies, big bucks!

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Waaaayyyyyy too late for that to have any effect :crackup: Salright tho, we don't care if people are straight or not.

11. tunawest

I, unlike Gigi, am comfortable with my sexuality. So I can get away with saying the boz bro's are handsome fellers!

12. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Tuna...seriously. Your screen name, job profession,and the city you live in sounds to me like a perfect set up for a Gay serial killer.

:D

13. tunawest

:D

I dont live in florida.

geez have you never seen dexter? :rolleyes:

but the gay part........ yeah, tucson has lots of those! just not me! My girlfriend can vouch for me!

14. chastain11

chastain11 Well-Known Member

Ummm, that's what "they" all say...

15. loujr

loujr Well-Known Member

Last year at Laguna, LCR entered American Roger Lee Hayden and it's known he is still on very good terms with the team. However, at Daytona, the youngest Hayden brother said that his current contract with American Suzuki would not allow him to ride a GP bike in a wild card situation.

Wouldn't Ben have a similar contract?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not necessarily but I'd guess yes he does.

17. caferace

caferace No.

The silence on this is deafening. :D

edit: I'll be at Laguna Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Say hello...

-jim

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Highlights

1. Boz is hot
    2. TSBTuna is gay (not ghey)
    3. We still don't know what Boz is doing.

19. six6two

six6two AWD

How would Rog have a contract w/ Suzuki and Ben not?

20. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

I like Gigi's idea. Throw Benny Solis on that thing. He is such a good kid. It would be awesome to see him go after the big time.