1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bostrom on a Honda at Laguna?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All depends on who his contract is with - Suzuki or Jordan. If it's Suzuki it won't happen.

4. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

He couldn't do worse than Guintoli could he?

5. Where's Miguel Duhamel at?

6. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

It's not 2002 anymore...obviously LCR doesn't follow the AMA series very close. Contract issues aside putting Herrin, Hayes, Eslick on the bike would generate a lot more interest.

7. H8R

Isn't Benny Solis the closest thing to US factory Honda rider.

I could be very wrong.

8. Fixerated

9. H8R

Shhhhhh...I was trying to be nice. Besides Benny is a good kid.

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I like B Boz but he better find his moe joe quick or else he's going to be on the MJM list of one year contract riders..

11. He was the first one I thought of too. That would be quite an experience for a young kid.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Should have called Mladin. :D

13. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Davie Stone is the only Honda rider worthy of that seat...just ask him.

Maybe LCR can lend him the money to pay Stern and get his motor back?

14. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

I like bostrom, but that seems like an odd choice to me. I think one of the top DSB riders would have been a much better choice...or drag Zemke back from across the pond for this round.

EDIT: It'll probably never happen, but...Eslick v Simoncelli on track? Yes, please.

15. now thats an idea....:up:

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bostrom is a fan favorite, from California and would draw a ton of press worldwide even if he rode around on a Ruckus with a kazoo in his ass farting out the theme to the Mary Tyler Moore show (You're gonna make it after all! Tooot tooot toooooooooot).

Who'd care about results? It's all about getting LCR's sponsors out and Bostrom on the bike would do it.

17. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Or...it could be a (somewhat) clever ploy by LCR to tap into the Michael Jordan Motorsports' super-mega race budget.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

but it could be all moot. If Bostrom has a contract directly with Suzuki, he ain't riding the LCR Honda.

Also, does LCR even have the parts to set up a bike for Ben? What's his face crashed up a reported $100K plus worth of parts this weekend.

19. agreed. In this case results are an after thought.

20. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Dumb question...would LCR get more money from their existing sponsors for running a second bike? More bikes = more exposure