1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bostrom on a Honda at Laguna?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Ask David Hasselhoff :D

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because Ben could have a contract directly with the team.

3. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I was interested following JD Beach in American Superbike this year since I thought that was about the biggest leap someone could make.

AMA Supersport to MotoGP....Dang. I mean, just Dang.......Dang.

I'm not saying Benny couldn't ride it. But Dang that is a big-ass leap up the ladder.

Sure would make headlines, and sure would be totally awesome if he did well.

Dang....it's just such a gnarly thought.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I like Benny a lot but no way in hell should he do that.

5. H8R

In my first post I wasn't suggesting that Sean. I just thought he was the closest thing to a Factory Honda rider.

I think my excessive use of the word Dang describes my thoughts on it.

I sat here trying to think of a comparison.

Just got your pilot license....and then Flying a F-16...is the only thing I could think of that would be close.

6. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

He is by no means ready to do it at this point in his career. At some point though I would like to see it go down. He has a lot of talent.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Like winning varisty wrestling matches as a high school freshmen and wrestling king kong bundy as a high school freshmen?

8. H8R

I was thinking...sneaking a sip of beer at your parents BBQ vs. A weekend at Club Sheen.

Or just kissed a girl at a 7th grade dance vs. a night out with DaveK's junkie princess.

:D

9. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Or being weaned off a baby bottle versus going to an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet with Gianni.

(Had to.....:D)

10. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Man I would kill to ride one of those things at, say, Mugello for a day. Going into T1 on those things has to be mind-bottling.

11. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Boggling. Mind boggling. :D

12. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

I SAID NO HOMO!!!!!!!!!
    :moon:

13. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Should I just keep an eye out for socks with sandals? :p

14. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I thought to be 20 or 21 now to ride a moto gp bike (in competition). That in itself would prevent Benny from riding it.

15. J Bart

J Bart Fat Kid Track Days

I'd rather see EBoz on the bike and seeing how he doesn't have a contract with anyone in MC racing there wouldn't be any issues that I can see. Though I suppose it would hinge on Specialized since he's a rider for them now. Eric might not have the following Ben has in Europe but it would be a good match non-the-less.

16. JamesC459

JamesC459 Well-Known Member

Why not DiSalvo?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good question, not sure who his contract is with so that is a possibility.

18. six6two

six6two AWD

Not Ducati ;)

19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Yeah, mind-bottling. You know, when things are so crazy it gets your thoughts all trapped, like in a bottle?

[​IMG]

20. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

If we are just tossing names out there...

How about someone that is currently sitting at home (no contract issues) and already has FIM creds from at least one WSBK wildcard ride.

He may be a little rusty with no seat time recently but he knows the track.

Oh yeah...

I'd also like to see his wife back in the paddock. :D