1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here a Millionaire ?

Discussion in 'General' started by KillerCam, Apr 29, 2010.

1. yamahaareone

yamahaareone Well-Known Member

It's mine- as long as I stay married to their daughter!!!

2. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

never kick opportunity in the balls......

3. teamneon

teamneon Well-Known Member

hope she doesnt read the forum lol

4. photoDude

photoDude Well-Known Member

I'm working on my third million.

I gave up on the first two.

5. FatFarthing

FatFarthing Guest

:D

6. boccarp

blew my first two on hookers and booze....it was fun

7. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I am guessing your 3rd, 4th, and 5th on bikes.

:D

8. boccarp

nope spent those on sex addiction clinics and AA meetings.....

9. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

:crackup::crackup:

When you coming to Roebling again?

10. ... introduce mom to cancer research dr.

what do I win ?

11. boccarp

soon....you guys are cool...:up:

12. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

Another dirty little secret is that as executor, YOU ARE LIABLE for paying any taxes & fees that might accrue to their estate! That's right..YOU. Problem is, the IRS has up to 6 years to audit an estate filing. If for some reason the IRS determines more cash is due, and there is not enough cash to satisfy the estate's tax liabilities, you get to go back to the beneficiaries and see if you can raise the cash! Good Luck!

That's right...up to six years after the assets have been disbursed, you remain liable. If everyone's spent their money, or otherwise flips you the bird...GUESS WHAT?!? YOU GET TO PAY! :wow:

Being Executor doesn't mean that you will inherit a thing. If you are in charge of a trust, you still have to live by the rules of the trust...even if it doesn't involve giving you a penny at all.

Not a bad idea to have a chat with your in-laws and ask them:

1) What the anticipated tax liability will be upon the second parent's passing

2) If they intend to have enough cash in the estate to satisfy those liabilities.

3) If not...then how do they anticipate those liabilities will be paid?

I suspect that if you ask them those questions, they'll be very pleasantly surprised by your reasoning. That is, assuming, they aren't trying to otherwise stick you with the tax bill. This is unlikely, but possible.

13. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

If you couldn't live off 100k.......I don't see how you are putting 10% of your salary into 401k

14. ScreamingSon

ScreamingSon Well-Known Member

K I just read this whole thread. At 20: I am a manager bringing home around $1200 a month, In college full time(Which I pay for), have this bad motorcycle habit, a girlfriend, and BILLS! I see no hope for retirement plans unless I find a damn good job, SOON.

My Mother who has struggled her whole life just cleaned out her 401K so her and my father can keep the house, he is unable to work. I got a job offer to work at General Mills and potentially make a lot of money, but I want to leave Buffalo. HELP ME

15. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

As stated above by Boccarp "never kick opporyunity in the balls". Sometimes you have to go where the money is.

16. ScreamingSon

I know. I know. I really don't want a factory job. I mean right now I am working on cars at a Delta Sonic quick lube and I just want something else. By taking the job at General Mills I would have to quit school too

17. jeremy dunn

In that case I would get the education then worry about making the big bucks. That certificate can go a long ways.

18. ScreamingSon

Yes it can, when you know what you want to do... I don't I am so in the middle about this whole thing. I want to make money, I want to be happy. finding both is so hard. Adopt me,sir.

19. jeremy dunn

you dont want me to adopt ya, i'm broke as hell too. lol

20. kazbanz

kazbanz Yea gidday

My opinion is that if you want to make a lot of money it needs to be your focus.