1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here a Millionaire ?

Discussion in 'General' started by KillerCam, Apr 29, 2010.

1. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

Just thinking why not step up and help us out with being rich. Lets here the 64 cent story to self made money maker.

2. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Step 1. Learn to live within your means. (read: budget. Always.)
    Step 2. Pay off all your debt.
    Step 3. Never, under any circumstances, borrow money ever again.
    Step 4. Learn how to invest properly.
    Step 5. Wait while the magic of compound interest does its thing.
    Step 6. Achieve millionaire status.

3. brandonh98

brandonh98 Well-Known Member

4. HenryZX6R

HenryZX6R Well-Known Member

Come work in Afghanistan for a handful of years...

5. KillerCam

So is that a yes ? Throw it down, yes I am a Millionaire and here is what you do. Not from regular people like me. You are or not ?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  6. KillerCam

Pay check to pay check is reality

7. HenryZX6R

HenryZX6R Well-Known Member

I did lay it out. The money out here is rediculous.

8. I will never be a millionaire (in the sense of being able to put my hands on a million all at once). My salary is high enough that if i were smart, i could be a millionaire in a relatively short time...but it will never happen.

I like to spend the shit.

I can remember when i left college i thought "if i made like $50k a year i would be DonaldfuckingTrump". I couldn't even imagine what it would be like to make $50k.

Now i couldnt live off twice that. Well, i could "live", but there would have to be some serious lifestyle changes.

The more you make, the more you spend. But fuck it, you can't take it with you...might as well enjoy it while you are here.

9. To answer the question, IMO you will never be "rich" as long as you are working for somebody else.

If your income is soley from an hourly/day-rate salary...you will never be rich. You can be "ok" and "well off", but never rich.

To be rich, you have to be able to live off other people's money.

Investment returns, lawyer, doctor, rental property, whatever. You have to find a way to live off other people's money instead of having to put time on the clock to make your own.

10. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

I think you may have meant to ask "is anyone independently wealty". Someone who works for fun and has the ability to maintain a certain predetermined level of annual spending.
    Get rid of your debt and figure out the number it takes to live YOUR lifestyle annually then get intrest working for you.
    Prolly not a lot of help, but a huge sum of money will only start the process.

11. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

If I made $100 per week or $10,000 per week I would still be broke on Friday.

12. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

I thought u made $10K weekly from you "Kris Wall jumping snake creek" lunchbox? Life ain't nothing but bitches and money- was there ever any truer statement? Live it, love it. Be it.

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I got more money than Davy Crockett! :moon:

14. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

#1 rule of wealth: DONT SHARE THAT INFO WITH ANYBODY

A smart man is worth nothing but has everything. That way Unkie Sam leaves you alone.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

On paper or in the real world? lol!

16. teamneon

teamneon Well-Known Member

exactly

17. breaux

breaux Well-Known Member

+1

Rich is relative to expenses. I know people that make twice what I do....yet they have 4 times the debt. I have more financial freedom than they do. If you aren't wasting $$$ on debt payments and interest you'd be surprised comfortably you can live on even an average paycheck.

18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Billionaire is the new Millionaire........a megabuck ain't what it used to be!

19. slacker607

slacker607 Well-Known Member

that's how you do it, guys working on diesel generators in iraq were making 340k a year and guys in qatar were making 180k

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Used to be that rich was $12M. Now that'll buy you an apartment in NYC and a nice car but you'll have no where to park it.

No matter how much you make you're always just a couple of thou short of where you need to be. :D

I'm not rich and I'm definitely not poor. I also can't bitch about my position in life.