1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here a Millionaire ?

Discussion in 'General' started by KillerCam, Apr 29, 2010.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I'm DEFINIETLY not rich and I'm not poor. I also can't bitch about my position in life either... Life life to the fullest.... and spend your 401K at the track!

2. Exactly.

No doubt :D

I put 10% of my salary in 401k pre-tax (my company matches 6% of that dollar for dollar). Then i put 5% in post-tax just as a "rainy day" fund.

Other than that, i will put a little bit in savings for the hell of it, but i mostly blow it. Like you say "live life to the fullest".

I know many people with my same job who retired at 50 or even 45. But they dd NOTHING. They like to brag on how they are retired. Then im like "ok, but what did you DO between the ages of 20 and 50?".

I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death with a full bank account.

3. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

quit racing and most of us would be a gagillionaire

4. Indetrucks

Indetrucks Well-Known Member

+10000000000000000

I don't care how people like to spin it, he who dies with the most Toys wins!

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Arent todays millionaires all former billionaires? :D

Funny... the people I know with the least amount of means have the most aggressive spending habits/tastes. (ghetto rich) The wealthiest people I know are some of the tightest m/f'ing squeekers in the world.

The people that amuse me most in life are the "democrats" that dream of what they'd do with wealth if they had it while earning $8/hr mopping floors. The rest that go out, bust ass and sacrifice to earn wealth... hold onto it anyway possible!

6. wera_123

wera_123 Well-Known Member

:up: or Kuwait or Iraq its all good

7. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Wha-Whaatt? :eek:

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Seth, book us a couple plane tickets. I'll start packing.....

9. Bandit730

Bandit730 Racing neophyte

Eddie...save me a seat! I'm a quick learner.

10. Blasem

Blasem Active Member

Chris if you don't mind me asking, what was your major in college. Just wondering because I find myself (current finance major) thinking this same thing. Thanks,
    -Blase

11. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Richness in life has nothing to do with financial wealth.

That said, money makes things easier and more comfortable.

Sometimes you need to be very uncomfortable to appreciate life's riches.

;)

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would have to be homeless before I would consider moving there for any amount of money.

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Are you talking about electric power plants like Dura, Baghdad South, Shak Deesha, or the 30, 70 100kv etc generators they have out at the FOBs that are maintained by KBR?

I'd like to see the source of these numbers...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Hey, I got babies to buy!!! Yay!!!!!!

15. joe617

joe617 Well-Known Member

This reminds me of another good read, The Millionaire Next Door. The number of middle class millionaires is pretty impressive.

16. Sixx22

Sixx22 Well-Known Member

KBR does not pay techs that well. They pay well, not 340k well.

I just spent 17 months over in Iraq, I did quite well (Not KBR).
    I go back for a short stint soon.

17. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

What kind of idiot would talk about their personal finances on the internet?

18. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

As soon as I send my new Nigerian friend enough money to finish up the paperwork I will be!

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's too easy. Not gonna take the shot. :D

20. PCP

PCP King of the who?

Same here, I'm just waiting on that email back with further instructions. :crackup: