1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Or an airplane? :D

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

@Hawk518 will take sticky airplanes moved with a forklift for $500, Alex!!!

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Clearly, the plane went right over my head.

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Yep...it's all about the relationship with the AD. Buddy picked up a white stainless Daytona for less than msrp.

5. SteveThompson

I had a funny interaction at a meeting last week. I was sitting next to someone at lunch and noticed his watch.

Me- "Is that a Sea Dweller?"

Him (disgusted)- "No! It's a ROLEX."

Me- "Okay" :rolleyes:

5axis, Phl218 and rafa like this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Did you open hand slap the stupid out of him?

Boman Forklift and rafa like this.
  7. SteveThompson

It was so weird. You expect someone with a sea dweller to be an enthusiast. If you just want the status, you get a sub or president.

8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Thats one of the problems with Rolex owners, some of them are not watch guys.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd almost argue that a lot (I might even go with most) of the guys with a Rolex get them because that's what you're "supposed to have."

Money can get you a nice watch but it can't fix stupid. :D

ChemGuy, Phl218 and cha0s#242 like this.
  10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

LOL what a maroon. You should have politely demonstrated to him his own stupidity in front of everyone.

11. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I bought an app called mainspring and regulated my 007 last night as it was running a bit slow. It gained 6 seconds over the last 12 hours so I got it a lot closer (it drifted to lose ~2minutes a day). I used a $20 watch tool kit off amazon to open the case and adjust it. Feeling good and hopefully one small tweak and I’ll get it <5seconds per day which should be good for a cheap non-Certified watch.

And for the seadweller idiot, you gotta call him out in real time. “Oh, I know it’s a Rolex, it’s just usually people have a sub or explorer, but not as many commit to the seadweller. Nice choice, can’t wait to see what your next one will be!” Lol

12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I would have said "That's like saying it's not a Testarossa, it's a Ferrari." Then again, that tool probably is clueless to what is a Testarossa also.

Boman Forklift and Phl218 like this.
  13. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That’s hilarious, I had a similar experience.

Suffering through some annoying small talk at a party with a female friend’s boyfriend. He was wearing a sub date, me an Explorer II. We had nothing in common besides a presumed affinity for good watches. When the subject of cars came up and he started going on about his new Tesla X, I wanted out.

I tried to find a polite ay so say I don’t give a fuck, so I just said, “I’m not a car guy at all, so I know nothing about them, but it’s cool technology so I understand why people get excited.”

Not enough for him. “You have to drive one, you’ll change your tune.”

I try to stroke his ego. “Oh, I’m sure I would. I’m just not in the market for a $100,000 car so why tease myself?”

“Actually mine was over $140,000.”

“Wow man, that’s some ride. I’m glad you like it.”

He’s not impressed that I’m not impressed. “It’s worth every penny if you can afford it.”

I fight to find common ground. “I just don’t get into vehicles, but I respect it. We’re obviously both watch guys, and a lot of people can’t justify the cost of a good watch either.”

“Oh yeah, what kind of watch do you have?”

“Explorer” I said, assuming I didn’t have to say more since it was two feet from him.

I cringed when he said, “Oh, well, this is a Rolex, so you’d shit if you knew what I paid for it.”

Jesus Christ...

Phl218, SteveThompson and 5axis like this.
  14. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I don't know if anyone is into them but I bought a Garmin Fenix 5X a few months back and wow its bad ass. I don't wear anything else anymore.

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I’m still running with a Fenix 2. I want the one you have but I’m a cheap bastard.

SmokeSignalRT likes this.
  16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Might not seem strange to others, but, it was strange to me that a guy I talked to recently has a Lambo Huracán who insisted it's pronounced Hurricane.

Phl218 likes this.
  17. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Best thing to do to guys bragging on price is to reply "oh yeah, I bet that thing was all of 6 or 7 hundred bucks!" Their face will be priceless :crackup:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That was my fist thought. I was talking to someone and noticed theirs and said Sea Dweller, he properly corrected me that it was actually the Deep Sea :D

19. SteveThompson

Haha. I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing a deep sea in real life. It is HUGE.

20. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I know didley about watches,but looked up the price of the deep sea.Harley crap thats some money!!
    What kinda range do you guys spend on a watch? Your lowest to highest?
    Ive got 4 invictas,and one seiko I was pretty proud of. I guess im the 600 katana guy trying to be like the real riders :eek: