1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Um, yeah, not going to answer the highest but lowest is maybe $50 for a swatch I got at the airport that my daughter claimed once I got home. :D

ToofPic likes this.
  2. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Cheapest I have currently is a Seiko solar on a canvas strap that was like $60. I broke my 6 watches rule for it but it was cheap and I love it so I get a pass. :D

My Pepsi GMT and Explorer II each cost more than a used car, but don’t depreciate as much, if at all.

It takes years to figure out what you like, and when you do, you’ll realize that the enjoyment of a watch and it’s cost are not remotely linked. Yeah, there are snobs who just like buying expensive shit. They’re the ones with Submariners and Royal Oaks in gold with diamond markers and shit. It’s like a neon sign announcing that they have money to blow but know dick about the original intent and appeal of the watch.

The most attainable of all the “watch guy” watches is a Seiko 007. It’s been beat to death in this thread but that’s because it’s the perfect beater watch.

ToofPic and rugbymook like this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, I'm narrowed down to an Explorer II white face and eventually an IWC pilot chrono or just going full retard and going Big Pilot in place of the two.

Been working on the list for years.

JBraun likes this.
  4. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Not jumping into price. However I will say the most warn watch I own is the Seiko SKX007. Even with a drawer full, that is on my wrist 90 percent of the time. Usually only have to adjust the date at the end of each month, can't remember the last time I had to set the time on it

5. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Ditto. I wear my 007 every day. It’s a bit slow though and I lose a few minutes a month

6. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

The "cheapest" watch that I have is a Seiko Kinetic that I selected as a "service award" from my company (cost to me, $0). I had gotten tired of putting batteries into my wonderful ~$100 Bulova and I thought that this watch was the way to go. HATED IT!!! It's a sharp looking watch and bracelet but it makes a helluva noise anytime you move your wrist. I had no idea that this thing was just going to be a tiny little generator keeping it's own battery charged up. :(

Then I found this thread and became a little more educated about watches and what it was that I was really looking for. I've spent a few more dollars on watches since then. :)

F@ck you f@ckin' f@ckers for making me spend so much!!! :Poke: :mad: :moon: :p

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Boman Forklift, 5axis and Phl218 like this.
  7. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! I kinda just been picking up what I like,and finding ones drastically reduced.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey Hopper, yeah, Hopper eating whoppers, you're welcome. :D

I wear my sub most of the time I wear a watch. Sam wears her whatever the R brand I bought her every day.

9. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

My scorecard since watching this thread...

3 Hamiltons (two automatics and one quartz)

2 Omegas (1 Seamaster & 1 Speedmaster)

My son now has the automatic Hamiltons and I hope that either he or my grandkids will inherit the Omegas.

Until then...

I love me some quality watches! :)

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hopper, he'll eventually get a Rolex. ;-)

11. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I'll have to kick his ass if he beats me to it! :D

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

That man has watch style....Hammies and Omegas....now you need some Seiko goodness to complete the trilogy

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It would fit me perfectly :)

Most I've spent is 3k on a Tag diver. Normal high end for me is $300 or so. I think my Hamilton was close to a grand. Most expensive I have is dads. I have to admit if I could get good money for the Buell I'd sell it and buy a Deep Sea Blue.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I bet you'd have them 10 deep offering to trade you a Deep Sea blue for your red.

But if you did that I'd wait for you in the dark to beat you with a pillow case with 3 mr pibbs in it. :D

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not even a remote possibility. And I'd be asking for 2 Deep Seas and something for the boss for a trade like that :D

16. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Ohhh...it comes in blue too.

I haven't seen one of those, but I do have a vintage omega that uses 20mm straps. For a case that size 20mm is ok, doesn't seem small.
    Although 20mm starts aren't the easiest to find at local places. Not as common as 22.

Not sure if I like that lock on the crown either.

But Hammies are solid watches

18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

19. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Nope, but I help make some of the helicopters (Sikorsky) they use. This watch seemed like a very affordable version of the sub. Closer to a 007 in price but a Hamilton. I like the blue face one too, but already have my Bourne edition Tag with stainless and blue face.

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Nice! It’s a good looking watch and a cool tribute.