1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Did they have it or was it "yeah, you've bought a new watch from us so you can have one when we get it"?

2. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I had to wait, like three months. I think. Maybe, less.

3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Are you guys saying they’re selling rolexes over retail at dealers? That’s ridiculous. Especially with the price increases the last few years...

cha0s#242 likes this.
  4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That's completely retarded. If you need a watch so bad that you're willing to pay over retail, you need to calm the fack down.

5. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

MSRP, I pay no more.

I will be weird here. But I am not a fan of discounts or negotiations.

6. ton

ton Arf!

wouldn't do it myself, but in the end no one NEEDS a watch. these are collectible jewelry and the market reflects the perceived investment value. a buddy of mine recently was offered and bought the new limited-release Patek pilot watch at retail. after they were all spoken for, they started going at double to triple "retail". within months.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Some ADs will sell the very high demand watches for over. Want a SS Daytona black face and you aren't a preferred customer and you want it today? A sucker is born every minute.
    The green Milgauss was selling for over because of all the issues Rolex had producing the green sapphire crystal and doctors are dopes. Now they're in the "discount" bin.

I can't wait for the horror stories on the new pepsi.

Hollywood likes this.
  8. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

My brother just bought a used Batman for more than retail.
    Supply and demand...

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

CJ, why the shit would he do that? They aren't all that hard to find?

10. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

Supposedly he couldn't easily find one.
    He's in Europe so maybe they're hard to find over there...

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

gotcha.
    I guess it's also a case of my coming across them because I'm not looking for one. Maybe if I was they'd be impossible to find. lol!

12. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

Maybe people are offloading them now that the SS Pepsi has been revealed..!?

13. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

They guys with the white gold pepsi are angry. I hope they start dumping those.

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

True. Stainless daytonas have been that way forever I guess. Just hard to believe it's moving across the board...

15. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

You can look on Chrono24 and see what the Rolex sport watches are going for on the gray market. It's over retail. I have not heard of any AD's selling for over retail. I would guess that would be in violation of their agreement with Rolex.

The stainless Daytona is definitely the most obvious example. If you have to have a white face today expect to pay about 50% premium. If you don't have a relationship with a dealer, you might never get one at msrp.

The Patek Nautilus is even worse.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Steve, it is highly frowned upon by the Swiss overlords but it happens.

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I want me a Patek Nautilus but I don't think I can justify to self.

18. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I gave in at Xmas and purchased a Samsung S3. It is what I am wearing on this trip.
    I was not sure what to make of USVI. So, I wore something that I would not care if lost, or stolen, or had to give...

But, everywhere I go, there is bid dollars on wrists.
    Locals as well as daily travelers.

I may have to ease to the Rolex but I think the Christopher Ward will be companion on the next trip.

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Need any forklifts?

ChemGuy and Riders Discount like this.
  20. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Or adhesive?
    :D