1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I’ve seen it in person. It’s a typically sized diver. I didn’t notice the bracelet being too narrow. It didn’t do much for me overall but it’s a lot of watch for the money. I love Hamilton’s.

2. SteveThompson

I couldn’t believe that watch has an 80 hour power reserve. I don’t know what you have to spend on a Rolex to get that. Then I noticed it is a low beat movement. That would probably turn me off. The ticking is going to be more obvious.

3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

21,600 is same as our favorite Seiko. A higher beat sweep is nicer, but I guess that’s the trade for the price and the reserve.

4. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

I saw the new pepsi gmt II released at baselworld earlier this year, anybody know if there will be a new coke version out, if it isn't already?

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Give it two or three years. Rolex will milk this and then release something stupid like a new rootbeer or nothing and just when people get pissed. . . BOOM.

I know they had a bitch of a time getting the red and blue ceramic bezel to work in production. Red and black is easier but the profit level and demand isn't as high as the pan am.

6. SteveThompson

That’s true but it costs 3-4X as much as a 007.

7. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

No doubt. Could be perception but seems they are actively manipulating the brand's prestige factor, more than ever. I might look into an older model and be done with it.

8. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

Anyone looking for an inexpensive but very cool Chronograph?

I've had this Fortis Cosmonaut for a few years but I don't wear it much, so it should go to a good home.

It's in great condition - no dings or scratches, but a few rub marks from normal wear.

The few I've found for sale range from $1900-2800. I've listed it for $1700 but if a fellow BBS'er wants it, I'll let it go for less.

Attached Files:

9. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

vfrket likes this.
  11. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

IMG950594.jpg
    Buddy of mine just got Christmas in June.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nice! want

13. SteveThompson

I don't know why people crap on the jubilee bracelet so much. That watch is gorgeous!

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I like the bracelet, it's just too shiny for me personally. Can't see complaining about it for other peeps.

15. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Jubilee bracelets remind me of an old retiree in Florida.

16. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

I just don't think the jubilee bracelet belongs on a sport watch and I agree with :stupid:

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The jubilee takes it from a tool watch to a freaky dress watch hybrid. I don't hate it, just don't dig it on a GMT.

18. SteveThompson

From a tool watch to a watch for tools. I get it. :D

badmoon692008 and ChemGuy like this.
  19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

People only shit on jubilee bracelets until they wear one. It’s the most functional and comfortable way to wear a sports watch, including a NATO.

They don’t look cool but they work.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, never noticed a difference between jubilee and any other steel style on my arm.