1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That's nice looking. Good choice!

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Critter, take down the cert (or have a mod do it) if the serial number is on there.

3. Critter

Critter Registered

Why, I guess I am a watch idiot?

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because someone will see it and take the serial number and use it to sell a fake(s) on ebay and the internet. It happens more often than you think.

anyways, I'm digging on that watch. :up:

5. Critter

Critter Registered

Fuckers, OK I requested it from the Admin

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Citter to the CR. I couldn't take off the photos (tried). Can you repost the photo of the watch?

Loving it.

7. Critter

Critter Registered

8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'm building a custom 007 as a wedding gift, and looking for a tapered oyster bracelet. I have a non-tapered oyster on one of mine from Amazon, and it's nice quality but I prefer the taper on my GMT and ExpII.

Found this: http://www.strapboutique.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SumoO2 Anyone have experience with the Seiko branded bracelet?

Any other ideas?

9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

@JBraun
    Did you look at Yobokies or Dagaz? They have some nice bracelets.

Also, did you get the second hand (or was it minute) designed like you wanted? If so, what route did you go through to get it done?

10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Checking those out now. Thanks!

The hand has proven to be the biggest challenge. I've started talking to place that makes metal insignias for gauges in classic cars, but they're skeptical and trying to run away from me.

It just happens that the minute hand on a 007 is very close, just needs the little "T" across it, and to be painted red. I think Mike may be able to modify it. The hand will make the whole watch, so I need to figure something out in the next couple of months...

11. Jedb

Why not get a Tissot Second hand that fits the 007?

Here's an ebay one. Although it's silver, red enamel model paint should work without adding too much weight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Plat...586715?hash=item3d22d8021b:g:PxwAAOSwfcVUDu6~

You'd have to check with Mike to make sure the hand fits on the pinion, but given the compatibility list, I'm sure it's be easy to check.

12. Jedb

13. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Yeah that's something. Should be easy enough to build off of it anyway. I'll dig in to it a bit. Thanks!

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Shit, $80 would be getting off easy. I figure it will cost several hundred to get it made.

The trouble is that it has to be perfect, dimensionally and otherwise. Any way you cut it, I'm either modifying something or having something custom made.

15. Jedb

The $80 was for the watch to get the second hand out of it. Then you'd have a spare quartz that needed a sweep second. :)

Tell Mike I want my Seiko GMTs back. :)

16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'll harass him a bit. Sometimes he needs a little motivating.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I thought I was done, had kicked the watch habit. I was going to just keep what I had and not get anything new (new or vintage) and just move on.

Then I got to yapping with One of the other lax dads and I noticed his wrist. A mothertruckin' mostly original first year 1675 on a modern bracelet. This on the wrist of a guy who if you saw him without a watch on you'd think wouldn't know a timex from a tudor and a down to earth, laid back dude with more tats than a biker bar.

Damn, darn, dang! I'm on the hunt.

18. Jedb

19. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

GMT's are strong... go buy one :) Better yet, find someone with two and we can go in together!

Edit: Was it a Pepsi? Because as cool as they are some of the older two tone root beer's are growing on me.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, pan am/ pepsi.

I looked online real quick and prices have gone even more insane than even 6 months ago. New is even worse. I might look at a used explorer II instead.