1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

[​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  2. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I finally jump on the Navy/Red/Blue strap for the Orient.
    And, opted for an Everest Rubber for the Sub (been wearing mostly daily) and since I like the rubber strap on the CW.

So, I went to a jeweler, local to get the bracelet off the Sub and install the new strap. I should have bolted as soon as he put the watch face down on the counter. I then see him struggling and take a closer look and he is using a screw driver tool in the attempt to get the bracelet off. I immediately asked for the watch back. Finding true professionals in any field is getting to be a challenge, daily.

3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Amazon. If you want something special you may have to be patient, but everything is there at the right price if you keep your eyes open.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Doesn't Jomas sell gshock?

5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

The only thing I hate about my G-Shock is that I like it so much that my automatics go dead. Lately I've worn my 007 less and less. Rolexes are too scary to wear when I work with my hands, and lately it's too easy to grab my G-Shock than dig out an automatic and set the time.

6. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'm sure they do. Definitely a good place to keep an eye on.

7. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Jeb: dig that ECA. Only thing I may think would help is an onion crown (I know opinions are divided on them, I like em)

Hawk: navy/red/blue natos are the shit! Good choice

Braun: go work in the Rollie and post pics! It's calling to be worked! :)

8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I know dude. I go back and forth. I want to treat it like a beater but I just can't get there.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Practice makes perfect with the Rolex. I'm finally at the point after a decade of wearing dads daily no matter what I'm doing with my hands.

10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

It's a 1/2 onion. He flatted the outer part and there's the logo |><| engraved on it. It's a nice touch.
    Since I'm not an onion fan, it's a good meeting point. :D

I believe he's selling them now http://www.ecandersson.com/
    There's also a PVD black version.

I'm also currently waiting on delivery for the Hamilton Reverse Panda from a few pages back.
    Gift to myself from my dad.

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Alright give me a few more years...

12. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

At my old company our 10 year gift was a Rolex Datejust, for everyone. Imagine some people's surprise when the truck driver that looked like he belonged in jail that showed up to unload a truck full of sprinkler pipe wearing a Rolex. There's more than one sprinkler fitter out there wearing Rolex watches on job sites. If they can do it, you can!

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, once you remember that a Rolex is just a tool watch you just go for it. No need to stick your pinkie out when you drink your beer out of the bottle while wearing it.

and they look better with some life scars on them. :)

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm hoping sometime in the next decade I'll figure out how to trust letting someone work on it, definitely needs a cleaning.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd contact Rolex direct on that and Fed Ex it in direct.

The website says Mayors on Peachtree is an authorized service center. Let them Fed Ex it in a suffer the wrath if something goes wrong.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's the problem, I'm not willing to ship it anywhere and there is no point in Rolex doing the work anyway.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

With that watch I'd only send it to them to get 'er tuned up. I don't know if they still do it but you can pay them to send you the history of the watch. Day built, where it was sold, blah blah blah, all that shit.

I might find a modern used bracelet for it. Fleabay I guess.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I may get an original bracelet for it some day although lord only knows what is still at my stepmoms, the orginal box should be around along with the tags and such. I have the passport and original receipt. Still loving the NATO, wish I'd tried them sooner :D

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

My GMT will always be a trailer queen. I don't wear it often, and when I do it's not to work. I actually bought the Explorer with the intention of wearing the hell out of it, but every time I put a big digger in it I get all bummed. Just a sissy I guess.

It's kind of like buying a brand new work truck. You know why you bought it, but it still sucks to put the first few scratches and dents in it. Funny that I never felt this way about motorcycles...

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Funny though, I'm wearing my 007 today that's beat to hell and it still looks fine. If my Exp looked just as bad it would still look good. Maybe it's time to suck it up and enjoy the durability of my watch.

vizsladog likes this.