1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any EZ Go Master Mechanics Robin Engine Here?

Discussion in 'General' started by FastByKids, Apr 17, 2022.

1. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

It's worse than rocket science, that has basic principals and engineering. This crap is voodoo.

I've hand surveyed the whole electrical system. No safety circuits to be found.

Just for good measure we bypassed the foot switch / ignition key and hot wired. It tries to start and if it did would idle like a regular motor bike.

2. I have a Terrain 400 with the Kawi motor.

Electrical- get the wiring diagram. Bypass all the safety circuits (gear sensor, oil sensor, etc) and just run a jumper direct to the solenoid (should have a similar setup to mine). Make sure all your grounds are not just bolted down tight but have good clean contact. Check all the wires that come into the solenoid area, can get pretty messy but make sure nothing is grounding out anywhere. You threw a ton of parts at this thing without even eliminating the simple things that plague carts way more than bad parts. Rubbed through wires that ground out, wires pulled just enough from the connector to lose contact but not visibly fall apart. Are you sure you have all the wires hooked up correctly? I’d not do anything else without
    A- not gong back to re-read but are the plugs even wet? If so go to B with new plugs
    B- bypass as much as you can and run it off a push button or just someone complete a circuit to get it to run. I’m assuming yours has a neutral safety switch, bypass that shit. I threw a couple spring loaded pins in mine so when I pull off the seat to tune the carb etc I can actually lock it in neutral and run the thing enough to do what I need to. Seen a couple get knocked into gear. Funny but not.
    Get a voltmeter and some specs and start checking wiring and components.

FastByKids likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you're who I talk to about buying the boss one? :D

wheelz96 likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I love how he asked for help and then immediately starts bitching about people trying to help him. Small engines are small engines, they all work the same and you don't need to specialize to fix the things :crackup:

PMooney Jr., beechkingd, RRP and 2 others like this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I preferred his statement that his inability to unfuck his fuck up has humbled him. While bitching about others offering advice.

I think he needs to choke it more. Using a garrote with a Hefty garbage bag over his head. :D

beechkingd likes this.
  6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Two pages in and yall just gettin' in his ass? This politically correct beeb has gone soft.

bored&stroked likes this.
  7. condon66

condon66 Member well known

What he needs is a Robin engines master mechanic. Without one he's fucked.

FastByKids likes this.
  8. FastByKids

Hey now big guy, only got snarky with one dude who made assumptions as I'm doing exactly as the manual says. I don't even know what "Willy-Nilly" is.

And no, this ignition system isn't the same as in other engines. Works off of magic and voodoo. I'm not even kidding...

You know our family enjoys building / repairing engines. So for us to get stumped, a higher knowledge and wisdom is required other than average shade tree mechanics. :moon:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just because you can't figure it out even with your small engine experience doesn't mean someone else won't have a good idea. Most of the issues I've had I couldn't figure out with regard to everything from engines to rules to computers are things that yeah, I could have and maybe should have figured out myself but for whatever reason it just didn't click. If I ask for help at that point I actually listen to it and don't whine because people are doing what I asked.... Oddly enough I usually find the answer within that help, sometimes stupidly simple things I missed, sometimes more obscure things, sometimes shit that is just beyond what I have ever done before. Ignoring the suggestions/ideas and bitching at people is a surefire way to make sure you'll never get the answer whatever it may be.

10. FastByKids

And I have followed and replied in kind to every valid suggestion.

Appears king mongo grumpy pants in a mood... :moon:

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Jesus fuck this guy is denser than heroin shit.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep.

13. FastByKids

^Nothing but love for yea...:Poke::D

14. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

How the fuck would you know what a valid suggestion is? You fucked it up, but can't un-fuck it. So by that logic, you have no right to suggest what anyone has said to you is invalid. You probably hooked the plug leads to the wrong cylinders. SMH. LoL.

G 97, badmoon692008 and pickled egg like this.
  15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Dude.... your dry sense of humor may be lost on some or they’re not bright enough to get it right away but you always make me laugh man... it’s not as good without the signature engineer smirk delivering the slow burn but funny just the same... hope all is well man, thanks for all the laughs all theses decades.

A. Barrister likes this.
  16. FastByKids

80% of your initial post was invalid as I have already pointed out.

The only person I have returned their snarkyness was to you. (Well except Mongo, but that is just sport these days) Don't be lumping "everyone" into your ignorance.

One plug lead is longer than the other. Impossible to hook up wrong because it won't reach.

Potty mouth huh? Yea, don't have time for that. Ignore list you shall go.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Good to see after all these years you're still just as ignorant and cannot accept you might be wrong as you ever were :crackup:

pickled egg likes this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Shoulda called him a cunt so he would try (and fail…like his mechanic skills) to ignore you. :crackup:

19. FastByKids

Well, I did say I bit more off than I can chew. And that this particular problem was whooping me. If that isn't validating fault ( "wrong" ) I don't know what is. Nor would I be asking for help.

And yes, I am ignorant on this ignition system and it's driving me crazy.

Keep on swinging king Mongo!

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yet oddly all of your posts since insist everyone else is wrong. Freaky thing that.