1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another SuperMoto question

Discussion in 'General' started by icantslowdown, Mar 20, 2006.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

shit, i'd have hotwired and raced it. :beer:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, that was another reason not to call :D

That and loud or not I do believe I'd have stolen the dual exhaust.

3. ubermoto71

ubermoto71 Well-Known Member

Just caught this thread...

I'd like to see the rule changed on allowing kick-starters to be safety-wired on Supermotard bikes. I'd probably bring my Husqvarna out for a few rounds...

4. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

so i'm a dick , daddy always said "son, do what your good at"

ok , so you stalled at line while waving for fun cause you screwed up a perfectly good bike (by making it a cheater, try & run that thing in any nasmoto / smusa /amasm event in anything other than unlimited and i will protest your ass till i turn blue) and knew you were going to win anyways or was not worried cause you know a drz400 is a load or was the stall before or after the wave , or did you put your hand up (waving) cause you stalled like you should have (please choose one , but be careful)? the only wave i saw was the green , i was behind you guys , remember i'm a pn and experts(or pros) grid ahead of them . im not being sarcastic i'm being a dick.

i have plenty of friends so your beat , yes i'm stupid

you may have beat chad to the line (win) but he kicked your ass all over the place and YOU know it , it's ok to be ashamed (loser). if you rode a tricycle (aka drz400) in the tour de france and finished wheel to wheel w/ lance armstrong (aka crf450+) thats pretty kick ass (refer to first sentence in paragraph).

please let me know if i'm not being blatantly clear about how much of a dick i am .

seriously ,
    dick

5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

we'd all LIKE it, doesn't mean it will happen real soon. it's really not THAT big of a deal. of course i would be throwing empty Yuengling bottles at Mongo if i killed it on the start and lost 20 seconds off the bat. :D

6. icantslowdown

icantslowdown Well-Known Member

Looks like I opened a can of worms here...

I asked because a couple of my NASMoto buddies were talking about running some of the WERA SM series with me until they found out about the kickstarter removal rule. I guess if enough people lobby to get the rule changed it might happen? (now where's that 'poke' emoticon?)

7. ubermoto71

I know, it's not a big deal and I'd be pissed at myself if I let the thing stall anyway, but it is one of those small, extra-hassle things. Whether I bring it out has more to do with getting the motor back into the bike and the fork/shock servicing done!

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

if the rule about having to remove the kickstarter is enough to keep someone from coming racing, then they better not look at the safety wiring requirements.

9. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

ya guys , bring out those tards , it's gotta be the most fun as far as the classes go (on or off track) . i also would like to see the kickstarter rule modified or ammended . chatter is a bigger concern for me though . if you sell one motard and buy another , does that make you "retarded" ?

10. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Are you running stock suspension? Meaning, did you keep it stock length or do you have yours Supermoto height? Just wondering as I am considering leaving my YZ at stock height and want to try a few WERA rounds. I just don't want to ride a pogo stick....

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

he is riding a Vermatelli(sp?).
    i don't think the length is so much the problem as much as if it is stock dampened. the stock shocks will slow down enough usually, but you need to put 20wt oil in the forks to tame them a bit. this is assuming you have full dirt setup right now.

12. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

I got E-start. So I have no worries in regards to this issue.

13. Silo Pete

That is true. On both counts.

14. Silo Pete

You better watch out, you wife actually might get interested in you. Have yout thought about wrapping you KS in foil and stuffing at home?

15. ubermoto71

You mean a "Vertemati"? :D

16. honcati

honcati Well-Known Member

NO kick-starters on m'tards!!
    more m'tards stalling at start line, the less chance for me to get smoked by one. Newbie expert here...

17. gixxerfever

gixxerfever Well-Known Member

oh man oh man, the more i read these Adam vs Chad posts the more i want to bring my Yz back in for race duty... add more fun into the game!!!

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

but if you show up, that will push Adam right off of the podium. :D

19. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Do it man....do it, then you can take the 1hr drive down and race with SMUSA at E-town...then a BBQ after the race/practice day at me casa.:beer:

20. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Actually, I was refering to you since you have a Yammie. Seems that a lot of Supermoto guys are running stock height in that class and if I am going to do a few road races this year on mine, I wanted another Yamaha owner's opinion. So, is your YZ stock length?

The reason I asked is pretty simple. My CRF had stock forks and shock for MX and then I had another complete set for Supermoto that was lowered and valved specifically for Supermoto. I really don't want to dump all that money into this bike and I really don't want to take all that time swapping everytime a buddy calls to go MX riding....