1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another SuperMoto question

Discussion in 'General' started by icantslowdown, Mar 20, 2006.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

oh sorry, i thought you meant him.

last year, the first time i roadraced my 450, i had stock suspension. i found that it wollwed very badly thru the corners, so in order to help it, i put in the heavier oil.
    this year i am running supermoto suspension. At VIR, i ran T-Man YZ forks with the Ohlins shock off of Tommy Haydens old YZ motard(from a couple years ago). the rest of the year, i will be running Ohlins forks(46mm off of a Cannondale dirtbike) and a YZ stocker shock, all of which T-Man is setting up. if the stocker shock doesn't work as well as i want, i will be putting an Ohlins on it.

2. icantslowdown

icantslowdown Well-Known Member

good luck getting the ohlins shock if you don't already have it. i spent 6 months getting mine for my '03, it ended up coming straight from ohlins R&D. the ohlins guy told me it came off chad reed's SX machine, but i don't think the factory teams run ohlins suspension and he's just stroking me. either way, it was a friggin pain - now i'm stuck waiting for a Fatt Bastard spring for it :( beaverun is a month away and they STILL haven't finished my forks - i never realized that a 'tard was such a pain in the ass to put together.

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Tman is waiting on valving for my forks. i guess odd ball forks will do that to a schedule. no biggy, since i have the other stuff at my disposal.

4. WebCrush

WebCrush Banned

Penske makes an Motard specific shock as well.