1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Boeing 737 Max-8 crash

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 10, 2019.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Well, that's all relative I suppose. Our flight keeps getting delayed and we're still sitting in Miami. Our inbound plane has at least left Cancun and is heading to us. We're supposed to leave at 4:45 now.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Check your work emails real quick before you go on vacation, unless you're going to be reading it from there.

3. eggfooyoung

I did and sent it to her.

She's very appreciative as am I.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

5. Rugbydad

Rugbydad Tiny Member

If you're flying in and out of Florida and you are getting delayed, 1st, blame Jacksonville Center, 2nd Blame the FAA for being a typical government bureaucracy and royally dicking up the controller hiring.

Gino230 likes this.
  6. eggfooyoung

We're in a hotel in Miami because AA kept dicking us around for 12 hours. They finally cancelled the flight at 8:00 tonight and wouldn't give usour bags for 16 hours. I rebooked with a different airline for tomorrow morning and will claim our bags in Nassau.

AA can eat a full bag of dicks. Fuck them!

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

115k commercial airplanes. Boeing has about 42% share of the market, so guessing about 45k flights per day since I couldn't find any stats. Two Boeing crashes involving fatalities in the last six years and 6x365x45k flights so 1 in about 49 million or about 5 times less likely than winning $1m in the Powerball. Cut that to the last 5 years and the number drops to zero since the last crash fatality was March 10th, 2019. She will likely be crying even if he was on Boeing. It is way safer than the drive to and from the airport, but don't let facts get in the way of hysteria. I still laughed at the meme. :beer:

Gino230 likes this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh. Yeah. We can tell. You’re a bundle of lulz. :rolleyes:

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

11. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Sounds like American airlines

12. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

FYI advance notice AA will lose your bags plan accordingly

13. rwdfun

rwdfun

14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

not sure that was the plane but we’ll see. There was another head scratcher yesterday at msp of a crew flying who knows where almost like their instruments were turned around but responding verbally correctly. Global warming must be messing up everyone’s instruments I guess

15. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Not enough info in those short articles to do much but guess, but initial impressions are bad weather and pilot error. So clearly Boeing’s fault.

17. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Yeah. That doesn’t sound like an airframe issue, but I guess anything is possible.

18. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Pilot was just practicing his trail braking. Must have forgot to adjust his brake marker.

BigBird and 2blueYam like this.
  19. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Was there a ship and a bridge involved?

20. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Step on the needle or step on the dots...damn I always forget that one. Oh well :D