1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add me to the list of the newest Obamacare "successes"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jkhonea, Oct 14, 2014.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Don't worry it is going to save money. 1500 each from what I was told

2. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I'm pretty sure he said $2,500, but that may have been per family. His claims change every day...

3. kangasj

kangasj Banned

LOL, I wonder how many of these suckers thought Obamacare was a good idea?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/covered-california-sacramento

" There are currently 197 reviews of Covered California on Yelp, of which 178 have given just 1 star (the lowest possible ranking). Over 90% of the total ratings give Obamacare an EPIC FAIL."

4. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

To be fair, a lot of those people have never had to deal with the insurance system bureaucracy before. It's terrible pretty much everywhere no matter who you have. And therein lies the root of the problem and why I supported a single-payer system all along. People complaining about a $5,000 deductible is really kinda ridiculous. You can either have low monthly premiums or a low deductible, not both. It's no different than for your car insurance and homeowners insurance. That deductible is not really far out of line compared to what many people pay. It's just these people have never paid for much health care before (because they either went without or mooched off the rest of us) so it seems shockingly high to them. And it is too high when hospitals charge $20 for ibuprofen or a pair of latex gloves. But that's another issue altogether than ACA does nothing to address.

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This is the problem. Obamacare was driven by the insurance providers and does absolutely nothing to reign in the main problem, which is the high cost of health care.
    The government has gotten health care more fucked up than a soup sandwich and you think that they would be able to manage single payer...:rolleyes:

6. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Ya no shit, the ol hit it with a bigger hammer way of fixing things. :D

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I was just reading that, despite all the outrage and speechifying last year concerning the long waits at the VA, a year later, NOTHING HAS CHANGED.
    That's government, that's how it operates.
    Anyone who thinks that that will improve by increasing the size of the government is a fool.

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

And yet, there are actual fans of the idea of federalizing/nationalizing law enforcement which cracks me up to no end. :crackup: <see?

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It worked well for Germany between 1933 and 1945...:D

(Godwins Law has not been used in a while so I thought what the heck.)

10. ton

ton Arf!

11. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Scalia is a bitter, angry old man.

His dissent in this case uses arguments that are directly opposite his arguments in his dissent on the first Obamacare case.

I think he is a bit over the edge.

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Not sure I can read it as the entire 'law' should have been tossed. When government can compel trade then you are not free.

13. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

of course you do. because this is "over the top"

“More importantly, the Court forgets that ours is a government of laws and not of men. That means we are governed by the terms of our laws, not by the unenacted will of our lawmakers. ‘If Congress enacted into law something different from what it intended, then it should amend the statute to conform to its intent.’ In the meantime, this Court ‘has no roving license … to disregard clear language simply on the view that … Congress ‘must have intended’ something broader.”

I have always said this. if you don't like the law, change it. don't circumvent or "re-interpret" the meaning. when we do this, we reduce the impact/effectiveness of "the law" and subject ALL of us to the same risk. then, your country becomes subject to the latest breeze of public sentiment. dangerous indeed.

14. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Judicial activism at its finest.

15. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

We had our yearly health insurance meeting at work (about 85 employees) this past wed. Switched providers again. Our last provider charges us $1mil/yr. This year they bidded $2mil. The provider the owner accepted was $1.2mil. How in the FUCK does one place justify a DOUBLING of premium?

Whats worse, we may have to cut back on benefits since our plan is considered a "Cadillac plan" and starting next year the company is taxed 40% of it and isn't even deductible. That's if that part of Ocrappycare isn't repealed. Hell our plan now isn't as good as the one I had at the conversion company nor Orkin and this ones considered a Cadillac plan. The gov doesn't just want insurance for everyone, they want the same crappy insurance for everyone.

16. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

17. turtlecreek

Adds new meaning to "just wait until next year'....

18. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

No kidding. Also hearing some things that the portion of your health insurance your employer pays for may be listed as taxable income on you. Dunno if that's actually in o'whatthefuckcare, but considering how screwy this whole thing is, I wouldn't be surprised.

19. turtlecreek

It is absolutely in Ohwe'rescrewedcare. They put it in with a step increase of pain to get the initial buy in from everyone "see, this doesn't hurt" " and think about the children" and now will ratchet it up for the next segment of wealth transfer. Welcome to the new normal, where you will have less choice, higher payments ($5k deductible...really?) and the service you will get will decrease as the natural impact of socializing the sector will continue to take effect.

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

VA healthcare for everybody!
    (Except, of course, the ruling class).