1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8 Mile

Discussion in 'General' started by Madmike, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Madmike

Madmike Drunk Member

Im not sure i should admit this here.....
    But, the wife dragged me out tonight to see the opening of the new Eminem movie "8 Mile" and it actually was very good. Good story, good acting , and well done. He did a really good job with the first time acting thing and Britney Murphy was ,as usuall, pretty hot.

2 thumbs up from this ole' geazer.

Oh and what was really cool was since it is rated R and they thought they would get a large "kid" turn-out, they had police and managers checking ticket stubs and ID's at the doors.

No loud screaming teenagers in the theater. Nice change of pace from the norm Friday night out at the movies.

:D

2. James Greeson

James Greeson Is the race over yet?

pass

I've already seen "Cool as Ice". :rolleyes:

I'm saving my pesos for the squid movie. :D

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

yeah, but they claim this one has nudity.

4. PACMAN

PACMAN Well-Known Member

There is a brief sex scene, but no real nudity. Sorry Guys. I went last night to see it. I was a little suprised. I hate to say it, but I saw Vanilla Ice's movie went it came out many years ago. It was completely ignorant. They tried to make him a super hero.

8 Mile on the other hand is a great story about a white boy trying to break in to the hip-hop business. I did find myself looking at his mom in a nasty way, but that was just because it was Kim Basinger. If your not laughing and cheering during the last scenes of the movie, I would be very suprised. I give it two thumbs up.

5. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

huh

Seems like Hollywood ran out of ideas?

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i thought it was good too. eminem is an awesome talent.

7. jeffb

jeffb Member

wow, it must be good. brad didn't even have a smart ass comment about it.

8. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

lololol! Vanilla Ice, everyone got suckered into thinking it was a sportbike movie. We were all suckers!

9. peterhaulintail469

peterhaulintail469 Orange-u Racing 469

I was thinking more like a 2002 "hip-hop" version of Purple Rain, there aren't any motorcycles to compare it too "cool as ice", that was more like Flashdance on crack anyways....I mean think about it:

1. tryin to make it in the music biz from the club scene gigs
    2. family issues with parents
    3. girlfriend
    4. whole underdog thing

still the boy is talented, and I saw Red Dragon and that wasn't bad either and it was a remake............."How could one Sandra be so Leavy"

10. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

and this is why I won't go see it.

I can't stand hip hop or the white boys that try to break into it.:D

oh, but kim bassinger is always fun to look at...maybe i'll go....

11. Madmike

Madmike Drunk Member

You would be surprised at how much other story/plot line is in the movie. Its based on the Underground rap scene in Detroit in 1995.
    Yes, it has a lot of rap/hip hop themes but it does not drown out the movie.

And Britney Murphy is not too shaby to look at either.:D

12. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

Personally I think eminem is a young punk with a foul mouth that is trying very hard to compensate for area's that he is lacking (you can use your own imagination).

Dawn

13. mad brad

mad brad Guest

and THAT, is why i love him. of course i suppose you think incubus or someone like that has more talent. that's what i'd expect my grandmother to say. ;) odds are, you have never really listened to him. there is no better wordsmith out there.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2002
  14. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

What's wrong with Incubus? :D

I have tried listening to eminem on the radio but there are so many words that are blanked out it is hard to figure out the point he is trying to make. :p

Dawn

15. mad brad

mad brad Guest

well the reader's digest version is

1. women are ho's
    2. f%ck this
    3. f%ck that
    $. f5ck you etc. :D

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Brad, That's a line from a Sex Pistols song:

"....F%ck this, and F%ck that, F%ck it all to F%ck out, F%cking brat....."

Sorry, no Ho's thrown about in the song. :D

17. mad brad

mad brad Guest

det you didn't know that eminem tried out for the sex pistols. they threw him out for referencing women as ho's. "too offensive" they said. :D

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Brad, I may have a coup headed my way. A '64 Starburst Strat. No mods, in about 90% condition. :)
    Did you notice that Johny Lydon (Rotten) from the Pistols was one of the foreign comentators for the US Formula 1 race? I would have paid for that feed. :D

19. mad brad

mad brad Guest

90% condition? does that mean scratches and stuff, or has it been modified?

20. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Don't any of you whippersnappers listen to The Spinners? :)