1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8 Mile

Discussion in 'General' started by Madmike, Nov 9, 2002.

1. r6_philly

r6_philly Well-Known Member

Brad, just because someone is voicing a negative opinion they have got to be a hater?

I am not white, and I am not black, and I don't like him because his songs are too negative and it seem like he tries too hard and he needs mental help, and he should go get it very soon. All the records sales only going to hurt him :D

And brad, why you calling people haters? you must be hatin' cuz we got the guts to speak against popular trend hehehe

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Kinda like muff diving and NASCAR, some things we just keep to ourselves.;)

3. r6_philly

r6_philly Well-Known Member

Word to your mother :-D

4. Madmike

Madmike Drunk Member

I dont mean to step out of line or anything....

But i heard some truth to the rumor about brother's not going to the southern region of tha Lady's....

Say it aint so Buck.
    and why the hell not?:D

5. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Dave, how much is he asking? '64 was last year for pre-CBS "slab-necks". Make sure you pull the neck and pickgaurd off. I'd love to get my hands on that puppy. I let a '62 custom color white slip out from under me for cheap! I'll never find another deal like that. Oh, and that guitar was owned and played by the dude in Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys. Doh!

6. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Whatever, CLOWN! ;) FWIW, I thought you listened to great guitar music, and not a bunch of no-talent rhymes over some samples. Do yourself a favor. Get out your AC/DC Back in Black CD, put it in your car player, and listen to it every day for the next 2 weeks. You can do it no problem. Could you listen to Eminem like that? Didn't thimk so. Nothing he will ever do will be timeless like that. I'm no hater, but I don't care for his filthy mouth and his "I'm soooooo tough" facade. I think he is just a punk who should have his arse whipped! Besides, Eminem (stoooopid name) is a SCHLEPROCK, and Brad is the king of the schleprocks for digging him! :D

Jay Barfield
    #57 novice SV

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Jay, and there is the problem. The guy knows what he has and ain't letting it slide cheap. I pulled the neck to check the numbers, but left the guard in place. It played awesome (even though this is the first time I played in years. I was ham fisted :D) through my borrowed Marshal mini stack. I have a couple more days to either send the guitar back, or mail the big-old check.
    A Paul Reed smith, an Ernie ball six and a EB bass or this Strat. tough choice. :D
    Anyone have a clean, white Gibson flying V or an SG they want to sell cheap? :D

8. mad brad

mad brad Guest

dave, sell me your PRS. if it is a seagull, i'll pay a fair sum for it. oh, and by the way, i just bought a 71 les paul gold top with soap bar pickups. EAT YOUR HEART OUT!!!

9. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Dave, a guitar like this one will only escalate in value- there are few left of this vintage. If you're only after a player, get the PRS or EB. Both excellent quality instruments. If you want an investment, go with the '64. BTW, if I had bought the '62 in 1991 for the asking price of $2800, it would be worth well over $10k today. <sigh> Pre-CBS slab necks IMHO are the most desireable strats in the world. Good luck.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Jay, I really like the Strat but it's just not me. I'd just be too self conscious that I might F@ck it while playing the thing. So, it's gonna hurt, but I'm sending it back (but first a buddy of mine wants to look at it to see if he wants to buy it).
    I really want a vintage white flying V (like Bob Mould used to play).
    If you EVER come across an 60's/ 70's black Mosrite on the inexpensive, let me know.

And Brad, you suck. :D

11. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I'll see what I can find for you. Mosrites are still aplenty, and getting more collectible. Black may be tougher to find than a burst. I'm sorta looking for a 70's Danelectro lucite body. That's an "out-there" guitar that is way cool.:cool:

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A Daneletro the late 60's guitar with the clear lucite body? The headstock "similar" in shape to a PRS? The clear lucite bodied guitar that appears in the Foofighter and Aerosmith videos?
    I thought they were Dan Smith guitars? If their proper name is Daneletro then I've been searching for the wrong guitar. :) I've wanted one of those so badly since the 80's it hurts. I found a Red bodied one once, but the elctronics were modified so I passed.
    If you want to try something way out there, try a late 60's Vox 12 string. weird wild guitar. :)

13. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Yeah, real small headstock. You are thinking of Dan Armstrong guitars. Yep, he used to make them. I believe he just changed the company name to Danelectro. I'll have to check my vintage books. That Vox guitar body looks like something from the Jetsons. Makes me want to grow a shag hairdo! No thank you. ;)

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dan Armstrong! Damn, that's it. :)
    A Vox plays as great as it looks. Yeap, like Sh@t, but it's still a hoot to screw around with.

(oh, and my buddy is buying that Fender, he's at the bank getting the cashiers check).