1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8 Mile

Discussion in 'General' started by Madmike, Nov 9, 2002.

1. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

now wait a minute! just because I know more about the late 80's and early 90's doesn't mean you can come after me too. I know what your talking about, "pink cookies in a plastic bag" I own that. Rakim was great to bad him and Eric broke up. old ll. Tupac was the man for sure. even back when he was hanging out with digital underground.

for smooth, what about digable planets? the old ice t stuff is great. off of iceberg or power

2. Madmike

Madmike Drunk Member

OK.
    Main Entry: mu·si·cian
    Pronunciation: myu-'zi-sh&n
    Function: noun
    Date: 14th century
    : a composer, conductor, or performer of music; especially :

Looks like i still dont see your point.
    Care to explain a little more.
    He writes his own lyrics, sets some ,"key word some", of his own beats, and music. and last time i checked he is no Britney Spears lip-syncing on stage. I believe thats called Performer of music.

3. Madmike

Madmike Drunk Member

I just cant believe you would speak of "positivity" and say these things in the same breath. Are you implying that to be a rapper you have to be black? Thats like me saying " Hey that black guys not a bad country singer. of course he is no Travis Trit. I mean c'mon he is <black>"
    Last time i checked he is fairly accepted in the rap community. Now why is this. Money, Selling records, Fame, Fortune.....
    Maybe or just Maybe they see some of the same talent his fans do. If he is such a Half-ass white rapper as you probabaly think then why did the "Main-Man" DR-Dre take him on as a project.

One word: TALENT

Climbing off soap box now.

:D

4. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i know mike, it's like tiger woods plays good golf for a black guy right? :rolleyes: face it folks, he's the man. not biggie, certainly not puffy, not tupac, not anyone else has achieved his number in the billboard sales charts. he must be onto something.

5. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Percy Sledge could still kick all them fellas a$$es and still got more tail than all of 'em combined! :p

6. MRA828

MRA828 Well-Known Member

7. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

you may need to go back and check the numbers on those. but can't you read or listen to his songs? Let me help you again:

Let me know if you need the track number, there's also comparisons with Elvis, etc..:rolleyes: Tiger Woods of rap? LMAO... Let's see, people don't like him for his color & by his own admission people like Eminem for his color. Sucks but that's the way it is.

Damn your right that IS hard to figure out...LOL

8. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

According to RIAA 2 Pac sold 9 million of All Eyes On Me in '98. Marshall Mathers LP sold 8 by '01.

Just talking out your ass, Brad?

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

tupac is dead. {get over it} the sensation behind his death boosted his numbers for sure. now, go back and calculate all of em's album sales. all three of them. oh, and another thing, unlike your heroes, his albums get better with every release, not a flash in the pan like tupac and co.

oh, and A.S.C.A.P. is the authority on album sales.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Pretty cool. I sold 'bout 800 copies of my bands CD back in '91. Increased on the next to about 1200 on the follow up. Let's see, how many more until they're Platinum? :D

11. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm gonna make this simple for you guys...

Eminem is a great rapper who has had allot of success, but to say he is the most talented by looking at the sales figures is the wrong way to go about it. Either way, to say he is the best is streching a little. It just hard to put a label on something like that. I mean even curently, there is Ludacris and there is DMX. Both of them IMO can rap just as good if not better than Eminem. Than there is the old school shit...Pharcyde, NWA, Ice Cube, Snoop and Dr. Dre with "Chronic" etc. I mean to discount all these (...and allot more that I'm missing...) and say that Eminem is the best out of all of them, is a little on the ignorant side.

...Just my, very white $0.02...

...doesn't that honor belong to Master P ??? Now he s u c k s, I can't stand his shit....although Mystikal is pretty good...
    Just a poor guess...

12. mad brad

mad brad Guest

hey dave, your album went rust!!! :D

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

:D Yeah Buddy. Think I should go for a second pressing? Blah ha ha! :D

14. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Eminem is talented, no doubt.
    And anyone mad about the fact that he sells more because of the 'white rapper' theory, doesn't know how Dre gets paid. (See Pimp);)

15. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

Em's sales are about 18 mill & 2 pac is 33 plus. Oh & btw Biggie's Life after Death sold 10mill.

Like everything else you talk about, it comes out bullshit.

16. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

Buck, can I get another shirt? I was talking to Brian Stokes about you last week. He said you had him rollin! :D

17. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

Looks like P, if RIAA is correct, sold 4 of MP The Last Don. I'm not into him either. Anyway, your right, there have been a ton of raps with as much or more flow than EM. This got started because of Brad saying he's king, a genius, etc.. What's funny is Brad is a great example of white guys coming in w/no history of rap & boosting him up.

Anyway, I'm with you & Stick, feeling DP, Guru, Pharcyde, etc. But Em is good no doubt.

18. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

19. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I got you cuzzin!
    Hey, I didn't see anything in Jan for NFMP. I hope we can get something goin on around that time frame cause I'm already jonesin for a blast! If I get this thing together before Dec 7th I might find myself down at TGPR for the Bargy thing...

Next time you plan on getting near Richmond, give me a shout, we can hook up.

20. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yeah lugnut you're right. as bullshit as the numbers you are making up right now. let eminem die right now and get back to me with those made up numbers. :rolleyes: