1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Supercross

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Dec 21, 2023.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

He could..have possibly been completely outta his noggin?? I was allowed to ride back to the pits after a crash yrs. ago,and I couldn't have told you my name or where I even was.An ambulance did eventually come and take me away,but adrenaline is a bitch sometimes.Just glad he's not paralyzed,and will hopefully race again

stk0308 likes this.
  2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Chase and Eli usually wear torso protection under the jersey. But you're right that not many of them do.
    Looks like Jett had it at Arlington as well, but he hasn't always worn something.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kirk erlinger, Senna and ToofPic like this.
  3. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

With all due respect robby bobby, hardly any of them wear neck braces anymore. Musquin was almost the last, and when Ryan Hugh's came out and said, "if Marvin would stop wearing the brace, he would go faster"... He did, and won the first race he ran without one. You'll have to look up Hugh's reasons behind the suggestion, it has to do with mobility, and body position on the bike.

Also, My wife is a medical professional, (NP), has worked, ortho, critical care, currently working cardio-thoracic surgery... She was astounded they didnt board him. After that hit, even if he was lucid, he couldnt make medical decisions on his own. He was knocked out at one point.

Here is the upper body protection you cant see the guys wearing. If you look close, and are in the know, you can see them in post race interviews. Jett, Hunter, Chase, and almost all the others wear something like this. It is low profile, and hard to see for the layperson.

https://www.btosports.com/dirt-bike...tm_source=BTO&utm_medium=BIS&utm_campaign=BIS

The helmets are super safe, and protect the brain, way more than you think. Where do you guys think the 6D, & Mips systems came from? surely not roadracing. It came from MX/SX to mitigate TBI's. Ski

Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
  4. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Touche! I stand corrected! I am always looking at pre and post race and its very hard to notice anything.I look at the arms and how tight the Jersy fits them.I wish they could wear an air vest that didn't impede them.I wont ride anymore w/o air vest.

5. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

great races (finally got to watch them last night). Tomac was (finally) on fire and looked smooth and fast. Jett made a few mistakes but he's learning and will be up front again soon. Webb got lucky but he was doing what he does and being in the right place at the right time works.

Friese, I didn't see that much wrong with him, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time (again). But at least he wasn't overtly trying to take folks out.

Forkner- guy can't catch a break. Brutal crash. I dind' have any issues with the lack of red flag, he was off the line pretty far and well protected by bike and staff from what I could tell. Yes, almost all of the guys wear under jersey protectors (back, chest and most have side as well). Backboard or not, I don't know who is there these days but in the past Doc Bodnar was one of the top medical people around and was at all of the races. I am pretty sure he's still on track for most of the races and if he was there I would trust his decisions 100%. The AStar medical crew onsite are not hacks.

Plessinger- he's having a great season. Loved the fight in the heat races and seems to have the pace to stay on the podium every weekend.

Mookie seemed like he was on rails but starts and falls held him back. Chase is just getting points till he recovers.

Anyone know what's up with Barcia? didn't see any obvious issues (falling down, sick, etc) but he was in the LCQ and then way back in the main...

brex and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Barcia is on the same frame as last year but the fork diameter has been changed. Supposedly this is causing the issues but hard to say.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  7. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Who else saw Eli rocketing out of the corner exits? He'd said in a recorded interview shown on the pre-race show that 'corner exit speed' was one of the things they had been working on during his off-week testing trip to the Star Racing compound. Whatever it is, it sure worked for Eli Saturday night. I'll get to see if it works at Daytona, in person.

I feel like Barcia's issue is more than just his forks, but only his team knows for sure.

As mentioned in @eggfooyoung 's Indy SX thread, I may end up with an extra 'nice' ticket or two, perhaps. Some of my friends have possible conflicts.

Senna, brex and John Branch like this.
  8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Back boards have really fallen out of favor the last few years.

Maybe he refused or maybe based on his motor responses and symptoms they thought it better to get him out under his own power.

9. Once a Wanker..

Four Daytona SX premium tickets for sale. Second row, just to the right of start/finish line, behind me. Friends bailed on me.

$75.oo each

10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Your friends suck. If I was closer I would def go.

Once a Wanker.. and brex like this.
  11. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Once a Wanker.. and brex like this.
  12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

My Spectrum guide says that I can watch SX Monday morning at 1am:)

13. Once a Wanker..

Sorry, face value is $65.00. Not trying to make money on them.

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

This course is already pretty hammered from the rain, and it's just the start of Q1.

15. rwdfun

rwdfun

Deegan down in Q1 but looks like only a slight leg injury. He came down from several stories up but got lucky to land on the downhill. Ain’t no way that didn’t hurt but got up and rode his bike off. There are benefits to being young.

Once a Wanker.. and Senna like this.
  16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yeah super gnarly. Looks like he hit the back of that jump perfectly to avoid much injury.

17. Once a Wanker..

No more rain in the forecast. They’re working on the track regularly.

I just read that this is the first time Dirt Wurks has built the track here, so some aspects are a little bit different than previous years.

Edit:
    Bottom just dropped out of the clouds. 250C out in the rain.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2024
  18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

19. rwdfun

rwdfun

Watch out. With predictions like this you may become a hot target for a lead meteorologist at a major network somewhere. If I were you I’d change my name and number soon because any second now you will be overwhelmed by job offers.

20. rwdfun

rwdfun

Whelp. That does it for running until heat races. Looks like no more rain though :D

Hopefully the dirt crew can rebuild the track in 2.5 hours

Once a Wanker.., Senna and brex like this.