1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Supercross

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Wow a slam for no reason? When Mookie slammed the ground from 30 plus feet above and 20 feet away from me I saw it and that hit still has a lasting memory years later. So your point is keep the SX tracks more difficult to improve the show? And who cares who gets hurt? There has to be a balance between common sense and crazy tracks right?

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

You could be onto something btw but brex may not think so

3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

And my profile pretty much says everthing but someone's profile says Utah? So does that mean I'm a douche bag based on my profile?

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Ah, bless your heart.

5. prm

prm Well-Known Member

The tracks do need enough challenge to separate the best.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

To which point please?

7. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

man, tonights racing was kinda... anti-climatic. i'm stoked the 250's west guys are dead tied for next weekend. It's gonna take basically a DNS/DNF for jett to lose this. I was kinda hoping he'd let hunter win that, but i'm sure hunter would have wanted to beat him straight up and not be gifted it.

i'll be at my first dirty bike race next weekend. stoked.

Senna, Once a Wanker.. and brex like this.
  8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I liked seeing Shimoda get a win and Kitchen back up there, but otherwise completely agree. Pretty meh night overall.

TLR67 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  9. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

oh yeah, forgot about Joe. they've been hyping him up all year, nice to see him get a main.

brex and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Agreed on the racing last night. Just a bit of a let down and Tomac was just off the whole weekend, it seems.

I just don't see Webb being able to do much of anything. Dude was running around the track one-handed for most of the race. Jett would have to get punted hard in Turn 1 with a broken bone to stop him from winning this, and then Webb would have to smoke Chase, Tomac, born-again Ando and a handful of other guys for a podium finish.

brex and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  11. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Agreed, and racing the entire year has been pretty lacklustre from a fan perspective.
    Tomac seems to have lost his mojo, Webb is consistent but boring, Sexton couldn’t figure out the KTM consistently, and if not for Jett dominating as a rookie there has been no talking points or hard, fun racing for the most part.

Once a Wanker.. and brex like this.
  12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Agreed. Regardless, I'll be at Thunder Valley this year watching my first MX race. I hope they allow coolers in lol.

TurboBlew and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  13. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Ask Tomac, and or Adam Cianciarulo, Joey Savatgy... Or a few others about that. Anything can, and still can happen. Ski

Senna and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

15. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

Tomac out now. was looking forward to outdoors but it might be another snooze fest

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yeah, that sucks. Hoping he still shows up to hang out this weekend, but not likely.

Weather is looking like it might end up just like last year yet again. Not snow like has happened more than once in the past, but a late afternoon - evening thunderstorm is a good possibility. This last weekend brought us more snow, so the mountains will look good for TV.
    Lots of rain to start the week as well, so hopefully the dirt gets dried out enough as they work it after last weekend's Monster Jam event.

Senna likes this.
  17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Dirt is in good shape, top layers have moisture but tacky-dry. It might rain a little again tonight, but then back to dry all day tomorrow until possibly right around the start of the mains.

Senna likes this.
  18. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

disappointing end of the season for me. Tomac out, not a huge Coop fan, but had hoped that someone would give Jett a run for the money this year in SX.

250 should be good though, guess there is that.

Senna and brex like this.
  19. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I love this family and what they brought/bring to the game

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Sexton has a different sequence at the end of the long rhythm lane, he's the only one that has done it so far.
    And weather guessers this morning said the low moved east enough, we should be nice and warm all evening.