1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Supercross

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Dec 21, 2023.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Well, not exactly how I expected it, but dammit if Webb didn't win anyway.
    Tomac though, he was fast as hell. Crashed on the first lap and then went beast mode and missed out on the win by only 3 seconds. That was pretty amazing.

ToofPic, Senna and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  2. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Three words... Fuck Vince Friese!!! He put Tomac, Roczen, Stewart, and Lawrence on the ground tonight. Happy for Hunter flying under the radar, with another top 5. If he would've made A1, he would be in the top 7 for points, right now. I am really feeling bad, and scared for Forkner. That was a nasty hit to the helmet, downright scary. I have no idea why they didnt red flag that, and get him help, sooner. Or at least put the red cross flag out. Ski

ToofPic and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Tomac over jumped into the corner, Friese just happened to be there at the moment, wasn't the cause.
    Roczen made a stupid move trying to go under Friese, and Roczen took out Stewart because of it.
    Jett rode right into Friese, who was holding his line as any lapper should through the whoops.

socalrider and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

No need to red flag a race when both the rider and the bike are off the course, and the medical crew was there right away to help.
    Not sure what the hell you were watching.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. rwdfun

rwdfun

Friese pulling a Friese. Time for a factory team to put Weston Peick back on a bike just to punt him off the track then stop and wait and continue to punt him. I’m sure most would pitch in and call it team YamaSuzuktmgas. A Honda rider getting in the way of THE Honda guy. If Yamaha can threaten another Yamaha racer for their chosen 25o rider then Honda needs to yank their bike from that fuck Friese

ajcjr and skidooboy like this.
  6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

What exactly did he do wrong at that moment, other than be the guy people love to hate?
    He held his line straight up on the left side while all the fast riders went by on the right. Webb went by on the right perfectly fine with zero incident. Jett CHOSE to stay on the left, seeing full well that Friese was holding that line as he should. Jett fucked up. Again. What did you want Friese to do, have a rearview mirror and move over to the right into Webb just because that egotistical Aussie was charging straight into him?
    It's not often he can say so, but he was 100% in the right there. Jett was 100% in the wrong.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  7. rwdfun

rwdfun

That’s what the blue flags are for. Every other lapper pulls up, looks back and gets way out of the way. Especially on the white flag lap when there isn’t anyone near him to race against. This isn’t the first time Friese has gotten in the way as a lapper. He’s actually done it more than anyone else I can recall. The only time you see Friese after the starting lap is usually when he’s ignoring the blue flags and getting in the way

03RumbleBee and skidooboy like this.
  8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yeah, sure. Totally his fault for holding his line. The blue flag is there at the end of the run, he stays on his line while out-of-control Jett ass packs him.
    https://twitter.com/SupercrossLIVE/status/1761587149600600315

I get it, hating Friese is the cool thing to do. But he did nothing wrong there.

socalrider and Boom like this.
  9. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Friese gets passed on his right and stays far left. What else is he supposed to do. Why did Jett try to ride into the back of him?

brex likes this.
  10. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

One hell of a race!! Too much action for the broadcast to keep up with. Nice to see Eli back to his usual speed. A better start and he would have won in a heads up race with Jett, given the lap times each ran throughout the race. Webb didn't have his late-race pace he is known for, but caught a break, as all of the podium did. AP is impressing me this year, and I''m still looking forward to a race with the rest of the guys like Kenny, Mookie and Jason staying upright. Sexton will be healthy again soon, also.

I'm looking forward to hopefully watching Eli adding another win to his record from the grandstand front row next Saturday at Daytona.

ToofPic, Senna, brex and 1 other person like this.
  11. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Forkner on the other hand. Ouch… That dude needs to stop.

brex and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Agreed. I hate seeing him get injured every year. He's very fast, he's talented. But little things here and there take him out every year, and it sucks.

ToofPic likes this.
  13. rwdfun

rwdfun

What’s this “holding his line” BS. Every rider holds their line except Webb. That fucker will jump left and right to block but I digress. The blue flags are to get the fuck out of the way and they usually are waving them at lapper the straight ahead of the leaders. Friese didn’t get the first flag right before Jett almost ass packed him. And as for being inside and left. That next turn was a 90. The inside was the ideal line. It’s not like he stayed low around a 180 and let the leaders by around the outside line.

And there are many reason people love to hate Friese. This is just a continuation of his BS

skidooboy likes this.
  14. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Not sure what safety meetings/planning you've ever been to, or what race you were watching. They were working on him, next to the track... RIGHT NEXT TO THE TRACK! Right where several went off, hit the tough blocks etc... At least they should have thrown the medical flag, to get them to stop jumping, for the downed rider and the emergency workers safety! If you watch the replay... Forkner LANDED ON THE CONCRETE ON THE BACK OF HIS HELMET. He needed immediate medical attention, not when the race time was up, RIGHT THEN! They shouldnt have let him walk off with a C collar on either. backboard him, get him to real medical attention, NOW!

Ski

15. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

^^this^^

16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

17. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

At the start of the main I was fucking pissed when I saw Jett get the holeshot. Tomac was ripping through the pack and looked like his 2022/2023 self again. His comments on the podium about being tired of being called the old guy - you can tell he still wants it.

I know the Florida testing was planned for a while, but I wouldn't be surprised if that environment has helped him quite a bit.

brex and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  18. rwdfun

rwdfun

One good thing was Leah Diffy wasn’t there for “Danger Boys” 1st win. It’s funny that I didn’t hear that term used once. When he’s announcing, he can’t get through 2 sentences before using it. I’m starting to wonder if he even knows Deegan’s name. I can only image his excitement if he was announcing.

upload_2024-2-24_22-53-44.jpeg

19. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Seeing Eli rip was my highlight! He looked so good.

TurboBlew, grapemustard, brex and 2 others like this.
  20. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Amen to that! I feel most long-time SX fans would agree with you. The Tomac's story with respect to MX & SX is one full of nothing but positives, centered around a decent and hard working family.

Who else gets to do their own training program, at his long-time home, away from everyone else in the moto-world?

TurboBlew, Senna and brex like this.