1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 Supercross Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Bloodhound, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Read your post at the exact same time Rutledge started speaking while I was watching the replay. Lmao.

2. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

You can tell Eli's set up is shit. It's always been like that with him, if the set up is shit, he's not willing to push to the beatmode level. You could see how much a struggle its been for him to ride that bike.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I am amazed how bad this years TV productions have been when switching to different reporters or even pre-canned video interviews. The volume always seems to be off and sometimes they adjust it, sometimes you have to grab the remote and crank the volume way up to hear what they are saying. Roczen's taped interview was super quiet this past race.

Also, anyone else find it hard to understand what Will is saying? Between her accent and a mask, I can't always make out where she is going with her comments.

4. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

This weekend's track. Looks pretty gnarly.

5. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

Going to be the same track as last weekend. Guess weather wouldn't allow them to change it

Senna likes this.
  6. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

I wonder if anything will happen to Macadoo for hitting the safety/corner worker, for the red flag event, in the 250 main? Ski

5axis, Senna and ToofPic like this.
  7. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Good question. And the 450s, roczen needed every positive he could get. Him and webb for the ship could get interesting

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

dang it... I made plans for the Daytona SX weekend. :( For as long as the race is its amazing how crucial starts are... especially if one makes a minor mistake. And the depth of the field... all the way to 20th.

9. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Good job by Cooper Webb to handle the race fro the front and an equally good job by Ken Roczen to minimize the damage of that horrible first turn position.

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I hope not. That dude crossed a hot track with his back to traffic.

Boman Forklift and masshole like this.
  11. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I wondered that too!
    I was really shocked!
    WTH was he thinking?
    It's a RED flag

5axis likes this.
  12. swiest152

If you noticed, it was clear most of the riders did not know the red flag was out yet. They were all still in race mode. They rolled the tripled because of the red cross flag.
    Nothing is going to happen to Macadoo. The medical staff crossed the track at the wrong time, end of story.

It's amazing how fast the 250 field gets depleted. 250 LCQ was great.

------------

Webb is going to win the title. (as much as I hate to say it)
    Kenny salvaged good points, solid ride.
    Once again Eli is afraid to do anything with Barcia, doesn't trust him.

Bloodhound, RonR and ToofPic like this.
  13. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Tomac and Roczen did not have the pace to pass Barcia in the main- not an issue with trust IMHO. Roczen also had some bad luck with lappers. And I'm shocked to see Tomac fading at the end and not the other two guys.

All KTM podium! :beer:

Senna likes this.
  14. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I honestly think something happened to Tomac last few laps? He slowed way to much.
    Roczen I believe is points racing and staying healthy and clean.If it gets tight,I believe he has another gear in reserve.
    Loved seeing Ktm,and Gas Gas podium.Never thought I would see that in my lifetime.
    I remember Ktm trying to get a 125 on the podium and it took forever

15. swiest152

I think it's the Kawasaki.
    AC and ET are stupid fast riders and neither of them are able to make it through a main event. Have you seen them in the whoops? Horrible. The bike just isn't set up. We will find out 5 years from now neither of them were happy and how bad the bike was.
    AC isn't known for getting better as the races go on, but he can't even run the pace for half the main.
    ET is no longer able to get better as the race goes on. There is no such thing as beastmode on this new model KX.

I can kind of see that but I disagree. It's been the story for multiple races this year, once Eli catches Barcia, he doesn't even try to make a pass. It's a trust issue...
    Kenny got blind sided/T-boned by Barcia... it's a trust issue.
    Eli and Kenny have been racing against Justin for long enough to know he's psycho.

16. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

If you look at the video, Justin Cooper passed the downed rider in the right hand corner, followed by Macadoo, the corner worker walked around the bike, or the rider on the ground (cant remember which), and Cam clipped him. they were not flying by any means but, they all knew the med flags, and red flag was out, at that time. Leigh and Ricky were too busy watching replays of the the Martin crash, to even have saw the corner worker incident. Ski

17. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Cooper and Macadoo had not seen a red flag. They were still racing but did let off due to Red Cross flag. I watched and rewatched it at speed and slow motion a few times.They screwed up where they placed the tuff block. It made them want to take the turn outside to keep some sort of momentum because they were still racing. Also Mac went in the exact same line around Martin as Cooper did and they were only a bike and a half apart ><. I agree with it was meds fault. Look at what’s going on. Just because there are some red flags out doesn’t mean by any stretch of the imagination that all riders have passed one.
    My second take away from the event is AC seems to find a way to throw it away. He has been posed to win and just can’t pull it off. Tons of talent but it seems he needs to work on the mental side.

swiest152 and Senna like this.
  18. swiest152

Re-watch it a few more times. It's clear those top guys had no clue the red flag was out.

19. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

It looked like no one actually threw it/riders didn't pick it up until they got back near the starting gates. They were all doing that no jump, speed-walker racing up until the worker was clipped. Also looked like a block was out funneling them high rather than under the accident.

RonR likes this.
  20. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I'll agree with the 1st half of the statement and add Mac followed the same line as Cooper...medic walked straight into the line of fire there with his head up his ass...they should've put 2 tuff blocks down from the high side of the berm to the center of track.

2nd half, I think Roczen just didn't gel with the track, be it design (same 2 weeks in a row) or simply the dirt compound. As far as the Kawi or team set up IDK...Eli better turn his season around...down 31 points at the halfway isn't looking promising.

21. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Man, I like Barcia haha. I’m kind of rooting for him this season. I also like Roczen.

I have some level of brand loyalty to Kawi, but Tomac seems to have the personality of a potato.