1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 Supercross Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Bloodhound, Jan 14, 2021.

1. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

1st time I watched it, I said it was Bam Bam being Bam Bam. Second time it looked like he just messed up a bit trying too hard. I don’t think he was trying a block pass I just think he was trying to get into the corner deeper and expected KR to stay high.

2. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

KR was high in the corner. Bam Bam said: he was trying too hard, and over baked the entry, and they collided. he said the two talked about it, and it was all good. KR did not turn down early, here is a pic. my thought, Bam Bam, being BAm Bam, and got caught, and needed to save face. I really think that is why he didnt march a comeback, right back to Ken for the rest of the race. Ski

barcia.jpg

cBJr likes this.
  3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I really don't think KR is a guy who would even give Barcia the satisfaction to let him under his skin...I think Barcia was on torpedo mode and didn't even realize where the apex was.

418 likes this.
  4. Don’t think he’s THAT bad :) f- is anyone? On 2nd thought don’t answer that.

5. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Not sure I watched the same race as some of y’all.

Barcia rode straight into the side of Roczen and even himself admitted he screwed up. The only issue seems to be, whether he intended to do that. Of course, no one can know that, but... So one point of reference is, his nickname is Bam-Bam. He’s known for taking people out. And second, Roczen is on a roll winning races and is fixing to disappear, just like he’s been doing, so what could Bam-Bam do to get in his head and maybe change the situation? He couldn’t out ride him, he lacked pace. Only thing he could do was, don’t touch the brakes, don’t take a turning line, but instead drive straight across the apex and Bam-Bam him. At the least he’d get in Roczen’s head, and at best he’d knock him down. And that’s what he tried. That wasn’t anything like a race line, it was only good for one thing, to hit Roczen. It didn’t work, but whether or not he “meant” to do it, it is all he had to work with.

And Friese. I don’t think it’s correct to say he jumped to the left. It looked to me he steered left all the way to the edge of the track after Barcia was committed to that side of the jump. Like folks say, Friese is involved in this kind of stuff very often. Ironically, it was Barcia he cut off and knocked down, of all people.

Anyway, Roczen is on a roll, full of confidence, with endurance he hasn’t had since he was hurt. Lookin’ good. Webb is racy late in the race, but seems to lack Roczen’s pace early. And Tomac’s bike still looks nervous, harsh and non compliant, too stiff in the first few inches of travel in the back driving the front down, unsettling the bike, looking like a skittish handful, not helping him on the slow, tight Houston and Indianapolis tracks. Wrong linkage? Too much low speed damping? Spring? Or? The lack of initial compliance in the back is obvious when comparing to bikes that are working well, like Roczen’s or Webb’s, or even Barcia’s—the guys that are beating him.

Anyway, it’s early days still, it’ll be interesting to see who can change what, and how they do it.

But it is really nice to see Roczen back up front, dominating for the moment. Not many motorcycle racers of any discipline have gone through what he has, and come out the other side to win again. The guy deserves all the success he can get.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    MachineR1, Senna, TurboBlew and 2 others like this.
  6. Bloodhound

When I Google "Friese Barcia crash" select video and watch the :56 second MOTOhighlights clip at :27 seconds it appears Friese jumps over into the racing line and cuts off Barcias line.

7. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

check you tube section for RC and Emig post

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

24:45 :)

9. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

2:33 2 722 40 51 1

10. Bloodhound

...isn't that basically what I said (typed)?

11. Linker48X

Yup, Barcia got Friese-ed, as they said. He’s well known for it.

Bloodhound likes this.
  12. Linker48X

13. Bloodhound

My take on the subject (which nobody probably gives a shit honestly) is that Friese had a history of being involved in a lot of "racing incidents" and on track drama off the top of my head in the last 5 years, often while being lapped. The difference between him and Barcia doing their antics is that often Barcia is somewhat calculated and just overly aggressive. Friese seems somewhat ignorant to his surroundings, actions, and ramifications....that, in my mind, makes him a more dangerous rider. If someone is basically ignoring the blue flag and not "getting off the racing line when allowed" then how safe of a rider is he? The game between him and Weston years ago should've been a wake up call but Pieck was reprimanded for his frustration after Friese took him out TWICE in the same night...AMA didn't get involved then.

Top of my head now:

Pieck vs Friese
    Brayton vs Friese
    Barcia vs Friese
    Jason Anderson vs Friese

There's more but...whatever.

He's gifted as a rider and talented but the guy takes no responsibility for his actions and continues to put other riders careers in jeopardy....

14. Bloodhound

Great night for Webb and Jett Lawrence!

Currently Roczen is starting to run away in point and if Tomac wants to repeat he's at a 29 point deficit already...he better get started.

15. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Tomac charged thru the field from 11th, then appeared to give up and faded the rest of the race.

As opposed to Christian Craig, who crashed in his heat race, damaged his wrist, won the LCQ, and went on to finish 3rd in the main

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    TurboBlew and Bloodhound like this.
  16. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I wish they had better camera directions. They/we are watching the winner ride to the interview while people are 10ths of a second apart racing to make the main. Second 250 heat race they did Picture in Picture and I thought they heard me cussing the TV only to have them drop the second picture right when it looked like 10 was going to make an inside pass on 9. Better than nothing but the director needs to get his head out of his ass

Once a Wanker.., Senna and ToofPic like this.
  17. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

That!
    And the look back interview shit they split screen on during the race.
    I was yelling then! Nobody wants to see that shit during the race!
    The split screen is waay over done.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  18. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

And PLEASE no more of the gay, Nascar loving lumberjack reporting from the track!!

renegade17, TLR67 and 5axis like this.
  19. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I may have been wrong about Tomac- he also struggled the previous time the KX was new and his champion chances are fading before our eyes.

And agreed with the above comments that the racing alone is good enough and the tv production doesn't do it justice with the extra reporting.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.