1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 Supercross Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Bloodhound, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Roczen looks at ease with his motorcycle, Tomac looks like he's working too hard, and Barcia looks like he's playing with house money.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  2. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

yep, we sure do... he ends up over riding the bike, track, and ends up on his head. bin it, or win it. Sorry, someone had to say it. :D Ski

3. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Just watching Indy 2 now. Don’t dispute the “Tomac psychology” comments but I’m wondering if there’s something a little off with suspension too. Watching the bike tonight it looks a little rigid at the top of the travel, like maybe a little too much spring or a little too much low speed damping— it doesn’t looks like it settles and that can make it hard to relax on the bike. When he started on Kawasaki, I think it was 2016, we were at Anaheim 1 and he had it a lot too stiff and it looked terrible, a real handful. It took half the season to get it softened off and comfortable looking. We sat in a hairpin at A1 and he had to concentrate on riding the bike all the way to the berm, and Roczen could look across the hairpin very early on his much softer bike and ride more instinctively. Seems to me he’s never been real good at setup. Don’t know what all is up head wise but the bike doesn’t look quite right.

4. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Problem with Eli's set up is that, when he goes beast mode, has to be set up that stiff. Same way it was for JS7. If they arent at that speed, the bike is hard to ride and causes stupid crashes like dumping the front.

He will figure it out, He does every year.

Bloodhound likes this.
  5. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I was thinking he prefers a stiffer setup but these tracks don't really look fast enough for him to get it working properly... The tracks this year have been, what appears to be, 2nd gear tracks. The same reason all the SLC tracks last season were snorefests (my opinion).

6. swiest152

I think tracks last couple years have been lacking something special. They need to do something different, something to separate the field a bit.

I hate whoop jumpers. Just throwing that out there.

Scuba Steve, Bloodhound and spoon32 like this.
  7. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Impressive ride by Nichols in 250s

TurboBlew, scottn, skidooboy and 2 others like this.
  8. swiest152

Can Vince Friese be removed from the series?

Every single race , not an exaggeration, he is involved in a crash and kind of ignores the blue flags. Every single race.

9. Bloodhound

Somehow the guy is like teflon...beginning to wonder if he's related to an AMA official or something... That dude is a just an accident or crash looking for an occasion every race.

10. You always here his name but it’s never for anything positive.

Bloodhound likes this.
  11. rwdfun

rwdfun

Where’s Weston Peick when you need him?

gt#179 and ungwaha like this.
  12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Watch it again. he tried to pass Friese on the the outside just past the corner between Vince and the tough blocks and ran out of track then hit him. I'm not saying Friese hasn't been a issue before but that wasn't a smart place to pass IMO

13. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Looks like Barcia ran out of last night's house money and Tomac slipped up on the droppings. Another smooth night for Roczen, despite Barcia's straight line attempt early in the moto.

JJJerry likes this.
  14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Man, I don't know the Barcia was trying to t-bone Kenny. It looked like Kenny turned pretty early. Maybe they both changed their lines from previous laps?

15. rwdfun

rwdfun

Not sure what crack you guys are smoking to not see Bam Bam being Bam Bam. KRoc was >75% way through the corner. Which way exactly should he be pointing other than back down the next straight. 51’s bike would have been on the backside of that turn if he hadn’t been slowed by the side of KRocs bike. Webb jumping across ruts to cut him off is one thing but that was a BS block pass attempt. Karma got him though. Too bad it took Tomac with him

JJJerry and Bloodhound like this.
  16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

watched a gopro POV for Stewart and its like he has a fast forward button over the whoops.

17. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised it took until the end of the race for Barcia to crash. He was riding like me trying to win the trackdays after he hit Roczen. Likely before that too I just hadn't noticed yet.

18. Bloodhound

19. Bloodhound

Beginning to remind me of a certain AMA superbike rider who shall not be named.

20. Bloodhound

Depending upon which POV you watch Friese jumped laterally across the track into Barcias line instead of holding towards the center of the track off the racing line.