1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 Supercross Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Bloodhound, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Saturday March 6th Supercross returns to the Daytona In'tl Speedway, and on the way there you lucky bozos will hear this

Potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato potato, and potato

2. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Just got to Palm Coast condo late last night, to visit family here, and attend our 9th 'modern' Daytona SX this year. Raced there in '81, attended over a dozen years after that.

We've found it much more enjoyable to stay up this way, as we get older, for sure! Great restaurants, very few potato sounds!
    We've figured out a careful routine of parking outside the speedway, that allows us to get from our seats in the grandstands, to our beds in 30 minutes, or less, with almost no traffic.

3. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

Just noticed Barcia is sporting a Nicky Hayden 69 logo on his pants.

4. cm1744

cm1744 Well-Known Member

No replies after Daytona?! I don't think Tomac has finally righted the ship, I think he was finally about to run on a track that suited him more than the standard arena courses. I don't know if he can make it happen with the points deficit this late in the season.

Roczen, don't be a little bitch.

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Daytona is an mx track and not a SX track so that's maybe why Tomac had good results? The stadium tracks don't seem to suit him?

John Branch, Bloodhound and skidooboy like this.
  6. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Eli started in front of Barcia so he won the race.

Tomac wasn't even tired after that race, didn't have to push at all.

7. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

I find it hilarious that Tomac from Colorado beat all the boys that live and train in Florida sand. Hope he gets one more to outright own Daytona.

I went to the race. Covid sucked the life out of the event. Racing was good but the pit area was closed. The roost seats and trackside seats were cancelled. I had a table at the start finish line. Best seat in the house and it was still worse than the cheap general admission trackside from last year. The only upside was that there was not much traffic afterwards.

8. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Great to see Tomac win, he won 7 last year, and he certainly hasn't forgotten how to ride, so here's hoping this isn't his last win for the year.

9. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Webb is gonna take it from Kenny, as much as I hate to say it. He is already in his head.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Man I hope not, I would really like to see Kenny win one after everything he had been through and how fast he has been this season. Having said that it sure looks like Webb could have his number.

socalrider likes this.
  11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

It looks like they went to GA to get that red dirt for the track. And way to go Cooper nice ride.

And too bad Elio_O

Once a Wanker.. and Bloodhound like this.
  12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Great racing last night. Nice to see Plessinger (our local boy) up there. Ken made a mistake in the heat race and got a shitty starting spot. Bummer for him but good for everyone else. The Austrians have to be happy with a KTM, Gas Gas, Husky podium. Wonder when the last time there were no Japanese brands on the podium?

13. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

Round 17 last year. Husky claimed the entire podium

cpettit likes this.
  14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Are you guys finding the coverage to be pretty bad? I can hear the crowd reacting to on-track action while the camera is watching Barcia just cruise with no one in sight.

Seems like a lot of action was missed and only recapped on replay like Stewart getting launched off track.

Bloodhound likes this.
  15. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

The best money KTM ever spent was hiring on Roger DeCoster. Brilliant rider hires, team management, and bike development is showing itself. Webb was just cruising last night and Savatgy held his own with Roczen for darn near the whole race. It will be interesting to see what comes from Anderson's "bumping", as well as Stewart's failed attempt at broadsiding Anderson.

16. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Late to the party but Daytona was Eli's comeback race!

Now last night he looked like he was happy as a mid packer again... Good looking track with that red clay that held up all night through the races. Webb looked like he was on a mission and Barcia is really impressing me this year with his riding again. Jason A. rode like he had a chip on his shoulder and was pretty aggressive last night with Malcolm (whose retaliation went terribly) and Ferrandis....

17. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I thought Jason’s pass on Malcolm wasn’t bad. Very mild contact but Malcolm’s retaliation was way over the top and he got exactly what he deserved. The angle on the Ferrandis pass was hard to pass judgment but it looked as though Dillon was leaning into the turn when they came together and couldn’t catch his balance. Racing deal.

skidooboy likes this.
  18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Nothing wrong with the pass on Malcom, and I don't want to hear shit about anyone putting a dirty pass on Ferandis. Which it wasn't.

cpettit, skidooboy and masshole like this.
  19. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I agree with that but I was just noting Anderson was riding more aggressively than I had seen him in the past.

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Sorry. Totally wasn't pointing you out. Just meant in general, since Ferandis likes to pass aggressively. Which I like.

Bloodhound likes this.