1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015/2016 Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by sbhockey, Sep 18, 2015.

1. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

I'll be in the tree tomorrow on an early season quota hunt. Anyone else ready to get in the woods?

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

This weekend is getting everything ready for duck opener next weekend. 11 y/o girl and almost 2 year old Lab. First time for both of them.

3. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

:beer::clap::up: Got to be a proud papa right there. Good for you to introduce a little one to an American past time.....I wish more parents spent time with their kids exploring nature rather than letting them sit inside and play video games and watching tv.

4. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Hope to get out some during bow season with my 13 year old daughter. Back in college and son is in Maine playing hockey so my time in the woods will be limited. Son being in Maine may be a good excuse to get back there for deer season in November.

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I think you're gonna have your hands full.:up:

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

The good thing is, is she's very careful. M more worried about her getting bored. Its not like on tv where they get their limmit in 20 minutes every time. Cooper will be the ne I have my hands full with.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I was thinking more about the Lab since I'm dealing with Sam. Told my wife it's a full time job just keeping track of him.

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Cooper will be not too crazy I don't think. Fairly steady at the shot, so as long as he doesn't try retrieving the decoys....

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wait, WHAT?! Someone let you impregnate her? You've reproduced?! :wow:

10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

We are right in the middle of moose season. I may try and get out and poke around to see if I can find a young stupid bull not too far from the boat.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It's probably been 12 years since he got laid... ;)

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

No, she not mine biologically.

13. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Dove season came and went already out west, got my limit.

14. sbhockey

In the tree until the end of shooting hrs. Lots of squirrels and a few turkey. The mountain top I hunted isn't exactly easy terrain.

15. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Food plots are coming up nicely, got a nice buck on the game camera. Waiting on fall turkey season, we're overrun with'em this year.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

$20 to the Air Fence for the first beebian to shoot a lion.

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

One of my field guys just got a good one. They are claiming its a 60". Not sure if they are embellishing but looking at the pictures it is a big one.

18. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

60" is a nice bull. One of the staff here got a 68" last week. We are the middle of the best moose hunting territory in the world. It doesn't suck. I haven't gone out yet this year, but we get lots donated to our dining hall at the boarding school, so I cut up a hind quarter yesterday and cooked up some odds and end pieces to make a nice bbq pulled moose sandwich.

19. sbhockey

Moose, caribou, and Elk are on my list for sure. Were starting to get Elk back in TN/KY but the tags aren't exactly easy to come by.

20. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Archery opens for us the first week of October. Can't wait! Also, jealous of you guys who get to hunt moose and elk! Definitely some dream hunting for me that I hopefully get to do some day. My brother and a couple of close friends would like to take a group trip sometime to go on hunts like that.