1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015/2016 Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by sbhockey, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You need to turn in your man card. :Poke: :crackup:

2. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Our club has two 129s and a 154 in the bag. The food plots look absolutely horrible this year. No notable rain since the seed was put down.

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'll be heading to wild and wonderful West Virginia this Sunday for a week of hunting and drinking. Across the creek is grandma's property...

[​IMG]

And it opens into this...200 glorious acres.

[​IMG]

4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

That bike loaded down with beer is an amazing sight to see.. o yeah so is the cabin :)

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Neighbor had a friend from downstate take a week off and come up to hunt. First day he goes out, 15 minutes after sitting down dropped a 215 lb. 8 point. And he had the rest of the week off. Can't beat that.

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'd love getting one on the first day. Past 2 came on the last day, in the last 30 minutes of legal light. Our shotgun season is over for me Saturday at sundown (can't discharge a firearm on sunday in my municipality). I've only been out twice so far, for about an hour each, lots of sign. Too busy with work. Finishing up a big project today so I can take the rest of the week off and I'm planning on a long next couple days in the woods... Still have till the end of december for bow, and another week of Muzzle loader coming so I'm not worried. Should have something by Christmas :)

rd400racer likes this.
  7. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Bite me. :D

Funny how I have no problems being in an open cockpit biplane upside down 10' over a runway or in any other orientation. Figure that one out.

8. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

Waiting for the second week of rifle. 4 days on 360 acres. It also backs up to 10,000 acres of state game lands. I get deer everyday in my yard, and it pisses me off when an 8 pointer walks up my neighbors driveway.

9. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

:crackup:

10. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I have a couple P&Y bucks so far this season and 2 does with the bow. Still have one tag left.

Kentucky
    [​IMG]

Georgia
    [​IMG]

gixxercurt and rd400racer like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So who is sending me some bambi? :D

12. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Ill bring some to VMDs next year

13. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Its like gold at my house. My kids would rather eat deer jerky than candy.

dsmitty37 and LD like this.
  14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Ha ha, Nice. I woulda rigged it up like it was riding bitch with the front legs over my shoulders lol. Cant tell, but is that a michigan plate? Drove to Saginaw about 10 years ago during deer season and it seemed every 2nd truck driving on the hwy had at least one deer in the box, or strapped to it. Quite a few crew cabs full of guys with about 5-6 deer just heaped up in the box with a few straps over them. We joked that we were in a video game, and they just kept regenerating in different colours ha ha.

rd400racer likes this.
  16. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

So, some years ago I spent two days getting ready and then Thursday I flew out to Galena, midway on the big Yukon River (think Ohio or maybe middle Mississippi) and on Thursday me and my bud buy much food, much booze, and much gas for the boat at the "substantial" Bush Alaska prices, and Friday at o-dark thirty we head upstream in the boat, turn up the Yuki River, go two turns upriver and la-de-da, there's a big bull moose standing in just the right place, almost but not quite to the water. No hauling distance at all, handy to water, close to the boat. Hello Mr. Moose. Take the shot, says my bud. I did. So we had the thing gutted and quartered and in the boat by noon Friday, and we were camped and drinking by 2 pm and nobody expected us back before Monday night. 1000 lbs on the hoof and a lot of Black Jack and camp fire smoke for the next 3 days. Oh yeah.

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  17. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

[​IMG]

I got this hog a few months ago in Florida. It's the first thing I ever killed with a knife :eek:

18. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

You can't stop there .... We need to hear this story !!! Did you jump out of a tree with a knife on a stick ?? All Rambo style ...:D

19. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I wore a GoPro for the whole thing. I've shown the video to exactly 3 people. 2 of them don't look at me the same anymore.

We used dogs to track and bay the pig. Then you jump on him with your oversized steak knife. I loved it and can't wait to do it again. I REALLY like hunting with dogs. There is just something about watching a working dog work.

20. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I'm bettin' kilt it Predator style. I wonder if he ate the heart?