1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 vintage rules

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by promod, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, so back to the DS7 - leave it alone as the rules are now?

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I got some info on the DS7 over the weekend, they originally were restricted to 28mm carbs but in 2003 that was revised to allow 30mm carbs.

I don't see any problem with allowing the slightly larger bore size due to piston availability.

3. drgonzo

drgonzo Well-Known Member

Did we ever get a ruling on that XS650? :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Do I need to make one on an XS650? :D

5. charles

charles The Transporter

We have rules?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not really sure to be honest.

7. charles

charles The Transporter

It's the DS7 thing that's got to you...

8. drgonzo

Lets see. The honda CB350s were indexed in to 350GP and it saved the class. Tis' only logical the CB450(stock of course) would do the same for 500GP. I say index them in. :up:
    Yes, CY, Jdub, I have one. :D

9. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Cool...so do I.....wanna race? :D

10. drgonzo

Bring it. Should we let Walker bring his 500T?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  11. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

my 500T is too pretty to race. :cool:

12. drgonzo

I'm not sure this involves any actual racing. More of a BS, bench racing, beer thing I am thinking. :beer:

13. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Hey I have a RC51 request: not a performance benefit as much as safety/ handling.
    The handling is vastly improved with the addition of lighter wheels. I had Marvics on mine and it was a huge difference in weight. Still a pig, but not so scary!

14. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

roger that, good buddy, but you know....if we're racing to the beer cooler, we all lose. Bowie wins by stealing everyone's beer.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope.

16. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

.............that damn Bowie!!!!.................:moon:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, full list is in the General section but here are the vintage specific ones and general ones that might affect the V bikes -

Changes to 2013 WERA Rulebook from the 2012 Rulebook -

Current as of 3/27/2013

Chapter 6, 1 - Changed number height to 6 inches. Changed front plate requirement to Front numbers may be off center so long as they are still clearly readable by the corner workers and officials.

Chapter 9, 4.h - Any winidscreen may be used.

Chapter 9, 4.dd - You may replace the subframe with an aftermarket subframe. It must be the same overall dimension as the stock subframe (i.e. no removal of the passenger portion).

Chapter 9, 4.ii - Aftermarket batteries of any size are allowed. Charging system MUST remain stock.

Chapter 9, 7 - Clubman class rules - All Vintage 3, 4, and Formula 2-stroke machines

Chapter 9, 7 - Mediumweight Senior Superbike rules - Up to C Superbike & Formula 2 machinery.

Chapter 11 - added TX/XS500 to V2

Chapter 11 - Vintage 7 HW - added Aprilia Mille/Tuono/Falco (must remain SS spec with the exception of bodywork)

18. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Stock charging system on a BSA . . . I'm fugged.:Poke:

I guess a more apropos label for a BSA electrical system would "total loss" . . . .:D

Cheers,

Dave

19. charles

charles The Transporter

There are miniature wind-powered generators you could use provided your BSA can go fast enough...

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, everything is online.