1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 Endurance rules

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Mongo, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope.

2. fzrkentucky

fzrkentucky Yo mama loves my.......

I'm down. That is what me and L.C have been wanting to do.

3. 600killer

600killer Well-Known Member

Will this be a AM and EX

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, you can have both on the same team or all NV or all EX.

5. NC Jon

NC Jon Can I change my name?

I think I'm missing something too. Why run the 'fun' class versus entering one of the others? So you'll only be competing against other non-regulars so you'll have a better chance of placing? Did I just answer my own question? So many questions, so little brain power! :up:

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's the idea yes. You won't be affecting their points chases and they won't be affecting your shot at a trophy.

7. Chuck Ivey

Chuck Ivey Well-Known Member

A trophy? All that work and money for a plastic trophy? ...

8. J. WILLOW

J. WILLOW Well-Known Member

my sentiments exactly

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Then run the other class. We're hoping to get people out there who want to run it for fun then get them hooked like the rest of you goofs :D

10. Eric Konigsberg

Eric Konigsberg Eagle Racing

i hope they half to run a min speed!!!! it gets too crazy if you get too big of a speed difference!!

11. Eric Konigsberg

Eric Konigsberg Eagle Racing

:eek::crackhead:safty first

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, yeah, I'm not that worried considering what we've seen show to run the LW class for a whole season compared to Tray and Corey on the Vesrah bike.... But yes, we always watch for issues like that. Always have, always will.

13. NC Jon

NC Jon Can I change my name?

Thank Mongo. This sounds perfect for a few of us that are contemplating putting something together for a round or two this year.

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

is there a gnf event for formula fun kinda like national sportsman?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same as the rest of the Endurance stuff, it'll be run at the GNF with the other classes but you'll have had to run one prior to run it. I think we are going to limit the total number of times you can run that class in one year as well.

16. Chuck Ivey

If the contingengy gets any lower we all will be we will all be racing for plastic trophies. Am I correct in reading there is no purse now.?

17. opus one

opus one Member

Is there something wrong with racing for plastic trophies and plaques? is that not what most classes win? can you make a living on what you earn in endurance? what's wrong in just racing for fun?

18. vcr12 pit crew

vcr12 pit crew Well-Known Member

well i guess YOU have NEVER done an entire endurence season befor? it's a lot of WORK! it averages $3K a weekend know... it's not just all fun...you never "make" money...if you WIN you mite break even..the contingency is all that has kept a lot of teams going...so unless your rich and have the money to piss away the money is a big deal, the plastic trophy is just a bonus.

19. opus one

opus one Member

well thanks for making my point, I just get tired of neer do wells bitching about people racing for fun. soo you spend $3k a weekend, work hard ,don't make any money at it, but there is something wrong with just racing for fun? yeah makes sense to me!

20. Chuck Ivey

Im looking for a sponsor.. LOL. can you help? I have to buy a bunch of superbike parts... quick change.. fuel tanks. you know all that stuff.